Monday, February 04, 2008

Starting Over

This "blogging business" is still new to me. Back in 2004 I started a blog here; and with all of my online ministry and Eldership duties (and a chronic visual reading disorder), I found it difficult to get into the blogging habit. So, I discontinued. I have since deleted that first attempt; and now I'm restarting here. I can't guarantee that I'll go on with this; but we'll see where it leads.

Let me begin with an introduction. You can check out my profile to see who I am; but I'd like to highlight the priority of being called to lead a ministry called Battle Plan Ministry [link to website provided]. I'll leave it to you to check that site out and see what BPM is all about. But after "retiring" (I like the term "commencement" rather than "retirement") from a 33 year career in health care, I was called to found/lead BPM. Other than the priorities of being "PawPaw" to four beautiful little granddaughters and being an Elder in our church (they like to call me "ElderBerry" ;>), BPM consumes much of my mental and spiritual energy.

If you are reading this and you stand with me as a brother or sister in Christ, I pray that we all aspire to walk in the truth of Eph. 4: 1, as well as Luke 9: 23; and I also pray that we have found our purpose in Luke 4: 18 and Matt. 28: 19 - 20. But though I've provided hyperlinks to all those passages, many of you probably know them by heart anyway. At any rate, I do hope that this initial blog attempt (or maybe re-attempt) will get me restarted into the bloggers' culture.

We'll see ...

Yours in Christ ... Bill [aka, "Billy Bob" - "Elderberry" - "Willie B"]

2 comments:

Audi Cathcart and Lori Fisher said...

Welcome back to Bloggerville!

Bill said...

Thanks to one of my favorite Hoosier families. Please know that LaDonna is in our prayers - as are you Nelson ... and Audi and the rest of your wonderful family.

Love in Christ ... Bill