Sunday, June 13, 2010

2010 – June 13 – The Day of the Lord

Study from God’s Word The entire Book of Joel, Chapters 1 – 3 … Passage for Reflection: Joel 2: 1 … NIV 1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand …

My Journal for Today: This is going to be short - … maybe sweet … maybe not. The Prophet Joel said it almost three thousand years ago; and I’m no prophet; but I rely on him being one; and our DAY OF THE LORD is at hand.

No, we don’t know when that “day of the Lord,” meaning God’s Judgment Day, is to be; but we do know that if the Lord tarries; and I were to die before He comes again to liberate His Bride, the Church, my personal “day of the Lord” will be the day I die. And so, let me be a blowing today of the call of the “trumpet” (read today’s verse and then respond to the call of the shofar at this site]; and by resounding what Dr. Smith says in his devotional today … that we all must receive the call of God upon our hearts and surrender to that call BEFORE the individual “day of the Lord” in our lives. For when we die, if we have not responded to God’s shofar call, we will be doomed to the judgment discussed by God’s Prophet, Joel.

I cannot say this any stronger; and I will pray this morning that you [any reader here], as have I, receive in faith, God’s call on your heart that you repent of your sin and be saved. Because when that final shofar blows from Heaven and the Lord appears in the clouds, it will be too late for any who have died in disbelief and disobedience. We will all die in disobedience; but only those who are sinners and fail to repent and receive Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus-The Messiah, as Lord and Savior, will be doomed to eternal perdition.

My Prayer for Today: Lord, I pray that any who read this have answered Your call to salvation on their hearts and they have responded to Your shofar, receiving Your saving grace in faith. And thank You for continuing, in mercy, to sound the shofar call through Your Prophets and the pronouncement of Your Gospel in Your living Word so that many more can hear the shofar and be saved. Amen

No comments: