Friday, September 24, 2010

2010 – September 24 – Rest and Rise!

Blogger Note: I was late today getting this posted. Actually I did his journal entry quite early this morning; but I couldn't get it posted due to a personal interruption. But here is the word God gave me today >>>

Study from God’s Word Daniel, Chapters 10 – 12 … Passage for Reflection: Daniel 12: 13 … NIV [God to Daniel] As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.

My Journal for Today: I’m always in awe of God’s timing in my daily studies of His word and my time with Him each morning. And today, the very day before I go, along with my family, on a 10 day vacation for some family “R&R,” I’m led by Dr. LaGard Smith’s devotional, published two years ago, to a promise made to Daniel (and really to all believers in the God of Abraham) about another type of “R&R,” which will be experienced by all Christians after physical life runs out.

In this last verse in the book of Daniel, God gives His prophetic servant a promise that one day Daniel will be given a time of REST, followed by time where Daniel (or we Christians) will RISE again. And this, my dear one, is God’s promise of the ultimate R&R, … the time of spiritual rest we will have in the Intermediate Heaven and then the time of eternal resurrection/renewal we will experience when Christ comes again for His Bride, the Church. And this is the glorious promise any believer can rest in, even here on earth, … that one day I will, like Daniel, be lain to rest; and then one day will be risen and renewed, with a new body, to spend eternity with our Messiah, Lord, and Savior.

My friend, many times I go on with a lot of word in my devotional times; but I’m just going to stop here – as I hope you do as well – and meditate on the glory of the ultimate “R&R” which awaits me as a born-again Christian.

My Prayer for Today: O, my Lord, how I look forward to both my time of rest and my resurrection to be with You in Glory forever. Amen

PS: If you want a great look at what the ultimate R&R will be like, I would recommend the following book of mediation about Heaven by Randy Alcorn. Go to this link for access to Alcorn’s inspired book.

No comments: