Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30, 2012 … God’s Final Victory … The New Jerusalem !!

Chronological Bible Reading Plan - Day 365

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Revelation, Chapters 19-22 To study these chapters, go to this link
============

Highlight Passages: Revelation 19 - 22 [Please use the link above to read/study these final chapters of the book of The Revelation]: [NLT] … {As the Apostle John writes the vision God gave him of Christ’s defeat final victory in the New Jerusalem, my Parsons commentary summarizes this section of the Prophetic writings in this way:  
“After the defeat of Babylon (18:1-24), a great multitude in heaven shouts praise to God for his mighty victory (19:1-10). The final three chapters of the book of Revelation catalog the events that finalize Christ's victory over the enemy: Satan's 1,000-year imprisonment (20:1-10), the final judgment (20:11-15), and the creation of a new earth and a new Jerusalem (21:1–22:6). An angel then gives John final instructions concerning the visions John has seen and what to do once he has written them all down (22:7-11 ). Revelation concludes with the promise of Christ's soon return, an offer to drink of the water of life that flows through the great street of the new Jerusalem, and a warning to those who read the book (22:12-21). May we pray with John, "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!" (22:20). The Bible ends with a message of warning and hope for men and women of every generation. Christ is victorious, and all evil has been done away with. As you read the book of Revelation, marvel at God's grace in the salvation of the saints and his power over the evil forces of Satan, and remember the hope of this victory to come.”
============

Highlight Passage: Revelation 21: 1-4 : [NLT] … {John’s vision helps Christians see what awaits us in the New Jerusalem}...  
1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. 2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband. 3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever.”  
============

Highlight Passage: Revelation 22: 8: 11; … 20: [NLT] … {And I feel compelled to quote from the last chapter of this last book of the Bible in my last journal entry from this chronological study through God’s word this year.}...   
8 I, John, am the one who saw and heard all these things. And when I saw and heard these things, I fell down to worship the angel who showed them to me. 9 But again he said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this scroll. Worship God!” 10 Then he instructed me, “Do not seal up the prophetic words you have written, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who is doing wrong continue to do wrong; the one who is vile, continue to be vile; the one who is good, continue to do good; and the one who is holy, continue in holiness.” … 20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
============

Reference Passage: 1st Corinthians 15: 51-58 : [NLT] … {Please use this link to meditate on this wonderful passage of truth from the Apostle Paul, telling of the truth of God’s Kingdom to come and the hope of that Kingdom in the here-and-now.} … 

My Journal for Today: Oh; … oh how appropriate it is to read about and meditate on our future days in glory as I close out my year in this chronological read through Scripture this year. Yes, it’s my last day to enter a blog in 2012, summarizing and trying to capture my reading through the Bible with one last journal entry. And all I seem to be able to come up with is a restatement of the Apostle John’s last words when He heard Jesus say to him, ”Yes, I am coming soon!” … to which John replied, Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

Whom among us, especially you who might be reading here with me, would not second those thoughts?!

I certainly am one Christian who desperately wants to see my Lord, Jesus, which is expressed in the glorious song to which I link you below, sung by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. I want to have that new body declared by Paul in 1Cor. 15: 51-58, linked for your study above. I want to see what the Apostle John wrote about in The Revelation; … don’t you? So, really all I can say on this last day of entries in 2012, is … AMEN! COME SOON, LORD JESUS!

My Prayer for Today Oh, Lord, I will remain and do all I can to follow Your will in this life; but I do so desire to be with You in the New Jerusalem; … SOON, is my prayer! … Amen

Blogger’s Note on Day 365 of my trek through Scripture in 2012: Take this link to a wonderful song on You Tube performed by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir which seems to capture my joy and desire to be with My Lord in glory one day. I pray that I will see you there one day.

No comments: