Thursday, May 02, 2013

May 2, 2013 … Ability Versus Availability

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 122 Passage of the Day: Psalm 147: 10-11 [NLT] … 10 The strength of a horse does not impress Him; how puny in His sight is the strength of a man. 11 Rather, the LORD’s delight is in those who honor Him, those who put their hope in His unfailing love. 
============
Contextual Study of today’s passage: Psalms, Chapter 147 [NLT] … Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: 2nd Chronicles 16: 9a: [Will the attitude of our heart turn our ability into availability for the Lord?] … [NKJV] …  
9 The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

My Journal for Today: Simple premise today. God doesn’t need our ability; but He desires to use our availability. The two Bible truths above express this forthrightly; and isn’t it wonderful that the God of the universe loves me enough to want to use me for His service?

This simple reality is that God doesn’t need us to accomplish His purposes. He is God! But again, I’m blown away by the reality that in God’s grand design, as the 2nd Chronicles16: 9 passage, copied above, expresses, God desires greatly to use any/all who’re surrendered (i.e., available) to work for His glory. … Yes, even me!!

You know, … normally I’d go on and on in my wordiness to explain the essence of what Os Hillman brings out in his daily devotional. But today, I’m just going to leave us here with the question I’m having to answer today, which is ”Is my heart fully surrendered to God’s purpose for my life; and are my abilities fully available to my Lord for His purposes and for His glory?”

How about you?

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I’m here … use me! … Amen

No comments: