Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16, 2011 … The Comfort of God’s Omniscience

Passage of the Day: John 21: 17The third time He [Jesus] said to him [Peter], "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love Me?" He said, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love you."

My Journal for Today: Like the impetuous Apostle, Peter, in my past I’ve been a stumbler … yes, even in denial of Christ. I’ve done things that exhibit my mockery of God. But today’s verse shows that Peter was restored of confidence in His Savior and Lord … in God’s omniscience. And we all can share in that confidence that God knows everything about each and every one of us.

It may seem at times that we are lost in insignificance, especially when we are isolating ourselves in sin or disobedience from God or unGodly habits. But as God declared through Malachi to His people, God knows His children AND He will save them … see Malachi 3: 17

SCRIPTURE: Malachi 3: 17 "They will be Mine," says the LORD Almighty, "in the day when I make up My treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him.”

David wrote of his remorse over his sin, desiring that God spare him [see Psalm 56:8] …

SCRIPTURE: Psalm 56: 8 Record my lament; list my tears on Your scroll — are they not in Your record?

But Jesus declares (in John 6: 37) that He will never let any in His flock be lost …

SCRIPTURE: John 6: 37 “All that the Father gives me will come to Me, and whoever comes to Me I will never drive away.”

So, as a formerly lost and now found child of God, my Good Shepherd, even knowing my deceitful heart (see Jer. 17: 9) will never cast me out of His flock; and He will never leave me, nor forsake me [see Heb. 13: 5]. And it is greatly comforting knowing, in my heart of hearts, that my God is all knowing and that there is nothing about be of which He does not know … and yet, He still loves me!

Therefore, just like Peter [in today’s verse], I can declare with assurance, “Lord, You know all things; and so, You know I love You.”

My Prayer Today: I love You, Lord! Amen

No comments: