Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14, 2012 …. Yes, … Praise the Lord!

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 134 … To study these chapters, go to this link
============
Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Psalm 146-150 … To study these chapters, go to this link

============
Highlight Passage : Psalm 134 1 Praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord who minister by night in the house of the Lord. … 2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord. … 3 May the Lord bless you from Zion, … He who is the Maker of heaven and earth. 

============
Highlight Passage #2: Psalm 150: 1, 6 1 Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; … praise Him in His mighty heavens. … 6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. … Praise the Lord! 

My Journal for Today: If one takes the time, as I did this morning, to read through and meditate on the six Psalms in today’s chronological reading plan devotional study [linked above for your study], it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to grasp the theme which God, through the anonymous authors of these songs, has for His children. … Duh! … He wants us to PRASE HIM!

And there was a time, early in my discipleship, when I actually thought that all of these repetitive references to praising God seemed a bit self-centered for God to keep having song writers, poets, and authors of Scripture to make reference to our praising our God. But I have come to realize that these references to praise are coming from the authorship of believers just like you and me, men who have discovered that their (our) God is WAY WORTHY to be praised; and much more than songs and poems and prayers in the Bible, our primary attitude for our Lord should be the same attitude which Jesus had for His Father in Heaven … and that is PRAISE.

Today, the first – very short, but very powerful – Psalm (i.e., Psalm 134) makes reference to the Levites, who were charged by God’s Law to be the models and protectors of our worship and praise of God; and they kept watch over the Temple, continually watching over the place where God was to be praised. And what does this say to us – today? … Well, in today’s New Covenant age, WE ARE THE LEVITES! We are God’s royal priesthood [see 2nd Peter 1: 9]; and our hearts are the temple of God [see 1st Cor. 6: 19]. So when it comes to being the watchmen (or women) on the wall of the Temple so as to hold up continual praise to our Lord, we are the Priesthood, my friend!! And we are the ones to watch over and protect God’s Holy Temple – our own hearts – so that we will be praising God, not just with our prayers, and songs, and church services … but with our very lives! Our 24/7 living should be the place of our lifting of praises to God – by the way we live – and worship for our worthy God.

So, I need to ask myself, from these Psalms of Ascent, all of which start and end with “Praise the Lord!”; … am I God’s Temple of praise to Him by the way I think, say, and live? Because if I’m not being the Priest of God’s temple, serving Him with my life of praise, I am not living up to the role of a Royal Priest the way I should.

My Prayer Today: … Oh, yes, my Lord … PRAISE YOUR HOLY NAME … and may my life be a living worship of Your holiness. Amen

No comments: