Tuesday, June 05, 2012

June 5, 2012 … God's Wisdom … For ME ... Today

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Proverbs, Chapters 10-12 To study these chapters, go to this link

============
Highlight Passage: Proverbs 10: 3 : [NKJV]… 3 The Lord will not allow the righteous soul to famish, But He casts away the desire of the wicked. 
============
Highlight Passage #2: Proverbs 11: 24-25 :[NKJV] … 24 There is one who scatters, yet increases more; And there is one who withholds more than is right, But it leads to poverty.25 The generous soul will be made rich, And he who waters will also be watered himself. 
============
Highlight Passage #3: Proverbs 12: 1 :[NKJV] … Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction is stupid. 

My Journal for Today: Now, after going through the first nine chapters of Proverbs in my chronological Bible reading plan, I now come to Chapter 10, which is the beginning of the section of proverbs from Chapter 10 to Chapter 24, which Solomon either wrote or collected and which have been canonized into Scripture as part of God’s wisdom literature for His people. Here’s what my Parsons Commentary states about these chapters of the Book of Proverbs: These short couplets are what we commonly recognize as proverbs. They cover a wide range of topics. The first section was written by Solomon. The next two sections were written by others but collected by Solomon. These sayings give people practical wisdom for godly living at every stage of life.

And because these collected sayings are not God’s commands, but rather God’s collected wisdom, they must be digested and used by the man or woman of God to become a more Godly man or woman. Therefore, this is an individual seeking posture and process; and I cannot, when reading, studying, and meditating upon Proverbs, write my observations, prayerfully sought from the guidance of God’s word and led by God’s Spirit, to apply to YOUR life (i.e., any who might be reading my journal entry today about the proverbs). However, … I will give one bit of personal advice from my take on a powerful New Testament teaching from Jesus’ brother, James, who wrote to wisdom seekers in James 1: 5-6 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 

In other words, and as an example from my reading Proverbs, Chapters 10-12, my citing three highlight verses above which struck my mind and heart as having personal application – FOR ME – may not have an personal application FOR YOU at all. Hence, applying James 1: 5-6 to MY reading of Proverbs, if I’m humbly and diligently seeking God’s wisdom from the Proverbs, deeply believing that God’s Spirit is going to guide my life as I seek His wisdom in these passages (see Prov. 3: 5-6 and Ps. 119: 105), then God will give to ME - generously - what I need for MY life. But YOU have to do YOUR OWN seeking from God’s wisdom literature to find God’s wisdom for YOU and YOUR life. So, this morning the three passages above struck my consciousness as being applicable FOR ME. I hope that you have read the three chapters of Proverbs this morning FOR YOU with a James 1: 5-6 attitude; and YOU have been guided for YOUR LIFE by God’s wisdom today.

My Prayer Today: … Lord, thank you for giving me Your mind through Your word today. Help me to apply it this very day for Your glory. Amen

No comments: