Tuesday, November 06, 2012

November 6, 2012 … BE PREPARED !!

Chronological Bible Reading Plan - Day 311

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Matthew, Chapter 24 To study these chapters, go to this link
 ============

Highlight Passages: Matthew 24: 36-44 : [NLT] … { Jesus tried to help His disciples with instructions which, hopefully, they would remember after He was resurrected and ascended back to His Father. And we – even today – need to use these instructions to BE PREPARED for the return of our Lord when He comes again for His Church – and He will !!! }  
36 “However, no one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. 37 “When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. 38 In those days before the Flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. 39 People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the Flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes. 40 “Two men will be working together in the field; one will be taken, the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding flour at the mill; one will be taken, the other left. 42 So be prepared, because you don’t know what day your Lord is coming. 43 “Know this: A homeowner who knew exactly when a burglar was coming would stay alert and not permit the house to be broken into. 44 You also must be ready all the time. For the Son of Man will come when least expected."  
============

Reference Passage: Revelation 19: 6-8 : [NLT] … { As Christ’s Bride (i.e., the Church), we Christians are to live in preparation for the return of the our Bridegroom (i.e., Christ); and as this passage indicates in Revelation, our preparation is to prepare “our linens,” the Biblical word picture of living with a pure heart and pure motives and making Godly decisions. } … To study this passage … GO TO THIS LINK … 

My Journal for Today: I was an Eagle Scout; and I say that, not to brag, but to indicate that the Boy Scout motto, “Be Prepared!,” fits nicely as the title of my journal entry today. It fits because, in this Chapter 24 of Matthew, as well as other parallel passages in the Synoptic Gospels (like in Mark 13 and Luke 21, Jesus tries to give His disciples, especially His inner 12, a prophetic message of preparation for His second return. And perhaps, through the Gospel writers, God was also preparing you and me, as later Christian disciples, for Christ’s triumphant return as well.

Yes, as Jesus prophesied, we are to “be prepared;” but we are NOT to “be predicting” dates when our Bridegroom, the Lord, will return for His Bride, the Church. I’m sure, like me, anyone reading here has heard of crackpot “prophets,” predicting when Jesus would return, even giving dates when it would happen based upon the signs of the times (in their perception). But Jesus very clearly warned for believers – such as His disciples – to avoid being sucked-in to such nonsense. No, Jesus wanted His disciples, i.e., His Church and Bride, to be prepared for Him, as the Bridegroom, to return for His beloved Bride.

And the Lord gave the Disciple John a picture of Christ coming again for His Bride when He instructed all believers in Revelation 19: 6-8, to which I’ve linked you above, in the word picture of a Jewish wedding, to prepare our linens for the return of our Bridegroom. And God’s word clearly tells us what this preparation entails; and that is to live in purity and preparation for Christ’s return. And to me that means that I am to do all I can, in this life, knowing that I’m betrothed as the Bride (i.e, His Church) to my Groom, The Messiah, to prepare my linens of purity and purpose for when He returns for the wedding feast of the Lamb.

For me that means doing all I can to get to know my Groom and make decisions that are pure and Godly in the eyes of my Lord, … Who died for me as my Bridegroom and will return for me one day to consummate our marriage at the wedding feast of the Lamb. And so, … I will do all I can do to BE PREPARED.

My Prayer Today: … Lord, help me to be ready for Your return. Amen

No comments: