Saturday, September 28, 2013

September 28, 2013 … Coming to Our Father

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 271

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take the time to meditate on this poignant song, sung by Chris Rice, entitled Come To Jesus, exhorting all Christians to come to Jesus like a little child comes to his Daddy for healing from some of life’s booboos.

Highlight meditation passage – 1st John 3: 1 : [God = Our Heavenly Father!]
1 See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children, and we really are! But the people who belong to this world don’t know God, so they don’t understand that we are his children.
============
Highlight reading study of 1st John, Chapter 3: Go to this link

Reference Passage #1: 1st Peter 5: 6-7 [But do we?] … [NLT] …
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in His good time He will honor you. 
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about what happens to you.

Reference Passage #2: 1st Thessalonians 5: 16-18 [But do we? … Will we? ] … [NLT] …
16 Always be joyful. 17 Keep on praying. 18 No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 


My Journal for Today: Today, from my devotional passage from Os Hillman in u>1st John 3, which reminded me of a wonderful song by Christ Rice (both linked above), I was taken to the photo attached of Jesus caring for the little child; and it’s an image which I needed today. And all of these sources of joy were needed because come cares from my world and times have been weighing pretty heavy on me. And I needed to be reminded that I can “Come To Jesus” with all my cares – any care … anytime; and I can be thankful, as it says in His word [1st Peter 5:7 and 1st Thess. 5: 17] that my Heavenly Father, … my Savior, ALWAYS cares and will ALWAYS take in my concerns with the Love of MY Father.

 Did you ever have a time, when you were a child; and you came running – maybe in tears – to your Daddy and His smile was there to assure you that He was there for you … just as Jesus’ smile is there for the little one in the photo. And as Chris Rice sings in the song this AM, we can “come to Jesus” anytime, knowing that He’ll be the loving arms of the Savior for any care we might bring to Him.

 So, I don’t know where you are right now or what your life concerns might be; but I would hope that you’ve taken in the song and God’s truth above, recognizing that you – like me here today – can feel the loving arms of a Heavenly Father anytime we run to Jesus. And that’s all I really have to write here today.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, thank You for being my loving Father. … Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online blog entitled Today God Is First [TGIF], authored by Os Hillman. If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read Hillman’s TGIF blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: