Saturday, September 07, 2013

September 7, 2013 … A Living Reverence of God’s Word

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 250

Devotional Song: Go to this link -  Please take in this powerful song, sung by the group, 4Him, … singing The Message, reminding us that we are to live obediently by God’s message, His living word, faithfully carrying out His messages for our daily lives.

 Highlight meditation passage – 1st Chronicles 13: 10 [NLT]:  
10 Then the LORD’s anger was aroused against Uzzah, and he struck him dead because he had laid his hand on the Ark. So Uzzah died there in the presence of God.
============
 Highlight reading study of 1st Chronicles, Chapters 13: Go to this link … 

Reference Passage #1: Numbers 4: 15 [God is serious about our living by His commands.] … [NLT] …  
15 The camp will be ready to move when Aaron and his sons have finished covering the sanctuary and all the sacred articles. The Kohathites will come and carry these things to the next destination. But they must not touch the sacred objects, or they will die. So these are the things from the Tabernacle that the Kohathites must carry.

 Reference Passage #2: Hosea 4: 6 [Knowing God’s truth and respecting it enough to live by it is what must guide our dailly living.] … [NLT] …  
6 My people are being destroyed because they don’t know me. Since you priests refuse to know me, I refuse to recognize you as my priests. Since you have forgotten the laws of your God, I will forget to bless your children. 

Reference Passage #3: Joshua 1: 8 [In doing all we can to live by God’s will, His prescription for success is living by His living word.] … [NLT] …  
 8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 

 Reference Passage #4: 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [All we need for living is found in His word.] … [NLT] …  
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

Reference Passage #5: Isaiah 55: 11 [God will always lead us truthfully from His word.] … [NLT] … 11 It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. ... 

 Reference Passage #6: Psalm 119: 9-11 [And all we need to live a God-honoring life is to have His word deeply embedded in our consciousness.] … [NLT] … 
9 How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. 10 I have tried hard to find you - don’t let me wander from your commands. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

My Journal for Today: I’m doing my devotional blog today a bit differently, giving you, not only a link to a pertinent devotional song and a key passage to read with a cross reference or two, but today, giving you more reading to study from several author references; and all of them keying on the topic of our being willing to get God’s word so deeply in our consciousness that we can live God-honoring lives.

If one cannot read through the passages I’ve either copied or linked you to above, I don’t know if there’s any hope for a Christian who meditates on these truths and then decides to ignore them, as Uzzah, the priest did when he even reflexively touched the ark of the Covenant and was slain by God [see 1st Chron. 13: 10), … Who merely did what He had previously commanded [see Numbers 4: 15].

God’s word has all we need for living lives which honor and glorify Him (see 2nd Tim. 3: 16-17 and Isaiah 55: 11). But to carry out God’s will, we’ve got to do what God instructed Joshua (see Joshua 1: 8 or the author of Psalm 119: 9, 11. We’ve got to have God’s word so deeply embedded in our minds/hearts that when we’re confronted by life’s challenges, we’ll be able to respond by living out what He has commanded.

How about it, fellow Christian? Do you know and live by God’s word. Because the old chain of living I’ve given here before will come from our knowing God through His word. Remember: … To know God (through His word) is to love God; … to love God is to obey God; … to obey God is to serve God; … and to serve God is to be blessed by God. Therefore, to seek God’s blessing it all begins by knowing God and we do that by knowing His word.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I see to know You more through Your word today. … Amen

No comments: