Wednesday, August 06, 2014

August 6, 2014 … The Potter’s Clay

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 218

Devotional Song: … Go to this link ...    Please go this video link to meditate on a rather karaoke version of an old hymn, Have Thine Own Way, Lord, which reminds me that EVERYDAY God is the Potter and I am His clay.


Highlight Passage - Jeremiah 18: 4; … 6 [NKJV] … 
4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. … 
 6 “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! 
==============
Highlight Passage [Context] - Jeremiah 18: 1-6 [NKJV] … Go to this ink

Reference Passage #1 … Lamentations 4: 2 [NKJV] … 
2 The precious sons of Zion, valuable as fine gold, how they are regarded as clay pots, The work of the hands of the potter! 

Reference Passage #2 … Romans 9: 21 [NKJV] … 
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

Reference Passage #3 … 2nd Corinthians 5: 17 [NKJV] … 
17 Therefore, if anyone in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Reference Passage #4 … Galatians 2: 20 [NKJV] … 
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

My Journal for Today: The word picture of God as “the Potter” and his children (i.e., that’s you and me!) as “the clay,” is relatively common, being cited by various authors in both the Old and New Testaments. And it’s a word caricature with which I identify. Because when God finally got His hands on me, when I surrendered to His will in 1983, I was certainly a broken piece of pottery. And I believe that my testimony would be corroborated by others that “the me,” in my brokenness back in ’83, has certainly been reshaped in the Hands of my Lord into an entirely new shape (see both Galatians 2: 20 and 2nd Cor. 5” 17 copied above). And God, as my Potter, is continuing to reshape me into the image of my Lord and Savior, Jesus (see Phil. 1: 6)

I don’t think I need to go on with this for any Christian reading and meditating here with me, do I? No, as Christians, we’re all in some stage of brokenness; and the degree to which God, as our infinitely capable Potter, can reshape us, depends upon our willingness to submit ourselves into His hands for that reshaping process [i.e., sanctification].

I pray we all put ourselves on The Potter’s wheel today … and everyday!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, mold me, … remake me, … and shape me into the Image of Your Son, Jesus. ... I submit myself to The Potter's hands.   Amen

Blogger Note: Every day during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread [TGIF], distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK; on the date of my blog, you’ll find a link to read the Our Daily Bread blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: