Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 26, 2016: Understanding The Spirit

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 117  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Kristyn Getty with her husband, Keith, singing their song, Speak, O Lord, singing a prayer that God will speak clearly His truth into the lives of those who Love Him.


Highlight Passage:  Romans 15:5-6 [NKJV] … 
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, 6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
… Understand God’s promise and purpose and live by the unity of faith to glorify Him. 
===========
Highlight Context – Romans 15:1-6 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Paul declares God’s hope for all to have one mind of clarity so that we, as the Church, can glorify our Lord with all we think, say, and do.
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Proverbs 3: 5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. 6 In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. 
… I believe it; but as I said in my blog yesterday, the only word I have trouble with is “ALL.”

Reference Passage #2 - John 16:13 [NKJV] …  
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 
 … Jesus on the ministry of enlightenment of the Holy Spirit … to bring and teach us God’s truth.

Reference Passage #3 - 1st Corinthians 2:10-12 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… As Christians we have the ever-enlightening, ever-empowering, Holy Spirit to reveal all truth and promise to us. So, we should, … nay, MUST, … listen and live it out in our lives!!

My Journal for Today:  Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, used a personal illustration to teach on how God’s Spirit desires for us to know God’s truth and have faith in His promises. He wrote:  I enjoy visiting museums such as the National Gallery in London and the State Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow. While most of the art is breathtaking, some of it confuses me. I look at seemingly random splashes of color on canvas and realize I have no idea what I am seeing—even though the artist is a master at his craft. 

Crowder was trying to show us that God’s word, the Bible, at times can be like viewing those confusing modern paintings. But God’s intention is for His Spirit, Who dwells in the hearts of all born-again believers, to reveal His truth and share His promises, … clearly … with us. So, … as The Gettys sing above and today’s Scriptures reveal, we can have a unity of understanding of God’s will to be able to live lives which Glorify the Father.

That’s why I’m here right now. That’s why I’m here EVERY DAY. Digging into God’s truth, … in order to have a clear understanding of my Lord’s will and to live in a way which glorifies Him. And I pray that, for all who come here with me today, … to do all we can to clearly understand God’s purpose for our lives and His promises … that we would go forth to live our lives as a reflection of His will [see Romans 12:1-2 - look that one up on your own and MEMORIZE IT!!].

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … may I clearly understand Your will for me today; and then live it so that others can see You in my life clearly. Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: