Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 14, 2016: The Son Rises in God’s Word

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 105

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of an anonymous group of kids singing in worship This Is The Day,… declaring what the author of Psalm 118 sang … and THEN TO THIS LINK to hear the blind singer, Gordon Mote, singing Don’t Let Me Miss the Glory, expressing my joyous desire this day to worship my Lord and see His glory in the day He has given me.


Highlight Passage:  Psalm 118: 24 [NKJV] … 
24 This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.  
… The oft quoted song of our daily worship of God.
===========
Highlight Context – Psalms 118:19-29 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… The Psalmist sings of our everyday experience of worship for our God.
============     

Reference Passage #1 - Romans 12: 1 [NKJV] …
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 
… Jesus gives his fool proof method for avoiding the trap our sin nature.

Reference Passage #2 - Ephesians 4: 1 [NKJV] …
1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, … 
… Paul saw himself as a slave/prisoner of Christ’s … and therefore, EVERY DAY was an opportunity to serve his LORD.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, David C McCasland, uses as his highlight Scripture, Psalm 118, where the unknown Psalmist declares his desire to worship His Lord … every day of his life, … which I’m assuming is the desire of anyone reading here with me today.

And tho the truth-filled expressions of the Apostle Paul in Romans 12:1 and Ephesians 4:1 are pertinent to today’s ODB entry, … really, all I needed this morning, in solitude with God’s word, were the expressions of Psalm 118, the two songs linked above, and the glorious sunrise which I can imagine as I have opened God’s word this morning, … to fully empathize with the Psalmist who wrote, "This is the day that the Lord has made, … let us (me) rejoice and be glad in it!" 

Do I sense an “Amen” from anyone with me here today? … Or maybe even a resounding ”Hallelujah,” which of course is Hebrew for “PRAISE THE LORD!”

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … and yes, LORD, … I say HALLELUJAH!!! … You have made this day for me; and I sing along with Gordon Mote, don’t let me miss Your glory! Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: