Monday, May 13, 2019

May 13, 2019 … Longing to See Him

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 133

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and song from Vickie Winans singing … We Shall Behold Him … poignantly singing of how one day our longings as Christians will be realized when we see Savior, King Jesus, face to face. … AND THEN TO THIS LINK  to hear the group, The Afters, singing. Well Done - what I’m sure we’ll want to hear when we see Jesus in glory.


 ==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Deuteronomy 34:4 [NLT] … 4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “This is the land I promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob when I said, ‘I will give it to your descendants.’ I have now allowed you to see it with your own eyes, but you will not enter the land.” 
… Viewed from Mt. Nebo, [see photo] Moses views the Promised Lane which he had so longed to realize.

==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Deuteronomy 34:1-5 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Before Moses died, the Lord allowed him to see the promised land.
==============

Reference Passage : … Matthew 25:23 [NLT] … 23 “The Master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’ 
… Oh, how I long to hear those words from my Savior in glory!!

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 5:7-9 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s promise to the faithful that to be absent from this body will be to be face-to-face with the Lord.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:35-39 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, shows us that NOTHING can separate us from God’s love … NOTHING!!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Tim Gustafson, uses a reference to a poem to illustrate that we all have longings in this life, many of which will go unrealized. The ODB author wrote … “Ah, every pier is a longing in stone!” says a line in Fernando Pessoa’s Portuguese poem “Ode Marítima.” Pessoa’s pier represents the emotions we feel as a ship moves slowly away from us. The vessel departs but the pier remains, an enduring monument to hopes and dreams, partings and yearnings. We ache for what’s lost, and for what we can’t quite reach. 
The Portuguese word translated “longing” (saudade) refers to a nostalgic yearning we feel—a deep ache that defies definition. The poet is describing the indescribable. 

Do you (any of my readers) have any deep longings which may not be realized in this life? Moses did, as he stood atop Mt. Nebo just before he died, and was given a view into the promised land, … a view I was blessed to see a few years ago when I stood on that mountain, looking down into that land, [see highlight passage] … the land promised by God to Abraham (see photo). But tho Moses longed deeply to be in that land, he was never allowed to walk there because of past sin.

Yes, fellow Christians, I have a deep, DEEP, DEEP longing that will only be realized when I cross over into the next life - the life eternal; … and that longing is to experience what is described in 2Cor. 5:8 … i.e., to see my Lord, as Vickie Winans sings, face-to-face.

And I pray that all reading with me here join me in that desire to be in Jesus’ presence one day and to hear Him say to us, as the group The Afters sing in the second linked song, … “Well done!” [and see Matt. 25:23]

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for giving me (us) the longing to be with You forever.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me, to live lives which honor our Lord, striving to be with Him in glory and hear Him say, “Well done!” … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: