Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 21, 2013 … Nothing Impossible With God

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 111

Passage of the Day: Matthew 17: 20 [NLT] …  
20 “You didn’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I assure you, even if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
============
Contextual Study of today’s passage: Matthew, Chapter 17 [NLT] … Go to this link … 
============

 Reference Passage #1: Luke 1: 37 : [In the context of the angel’s proclamation about the Virgin Mary’s and her sister, Elizabeth’s, pregnancies.] …[NKJV] …  
37 “ … For nothing is impossible with God.”

  My Journal for Today: An angel proclaimed to Mary about her divine pregnancy that “Nothing is impossible with God.” Jesus, the God-Man Himself, declared to His disciples (and that includes all Christians), that faith, even the size of a mustard seed, could move a mountain. Those are incredible and wonderful proclamations about God’s power; but do we believe them?

In the days of the New Testament, God’s word declared, and history testified, about wondrous miracles happening, especially those which declared the reality of Jesus’ divinity. But do such miracles happen today? And do we believe that our faith in such miracles can involve God in the moving of mountains of challenge in our lives?

 Anybody feeling convicted right now, … LIKE ME, … wanting to say to God, “Forgive me, Lord, of such little faith, especially when I see a mountain of circumstances in my life which overwhelms me; and my lack of faith paralyzes me from fasting and praying for You to intervene.”

I really don’t have much more to say here this morning; because my head so wants to believe that when I’m confronted with a “mountain” of challenge in my life that I “know,” in my head, God could move, I’m afraid that my heart balks at praying for the mountain to be moved … maybe because I don’t want to have to say “I prayed and the mountain was not moved.” Oh, the faithlessness of my heart!

The truth is that God may hear my prayers about my mountain and He might choose not to move the mountain; or … He may move that mountain; … but, … all He wants from me is my faith that He, my Lord, is capable of moving that mountain. And even if He doesn’t choose to move my mountain, it doesn’t change the truth that “All things are possible with God.”

My Prayer for Today … Oh, my God, give me the faith of a mustard seed today. … Amen

No comments: