Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13, 2013 … Our Faithful God

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 225

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Today in my devotional journal entry, please take the time to watch/listen to a powerful song sung by the group, The Maranatha Singers, singing “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”, from Lam. 3: 22-23 God’s word reminds us that our hope for tomorrow is found in the faithfulness of our God

Highlight Study passage found in Psalm 145: 13b-14 [NLT]  
13b The LORD is faithful in all He says; He is gracious in all he does. 14 The LORD helps the fallen and lifts up those bent beneath their loads.
===============
Contextual reading study of Psalms, Chapter 145: Go to this link
============

Reference Passage #1: Lamentations 3: 22-23 [Always faithful!.] … [NLT] …
22 The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23 Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. 24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!” 25 The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for Him and seek Him. 26 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 [Faithfulness is the foundation of trust.] … [NLT] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

My Journal for Today: Ever had someone in your life with whom you could trust implicitly and completely, … maybe your spouse or a parent or a reliable, close “BFF.” If that person said they would be somewhere at a certain time, you could put it in the bank that they would be at the designated place … ON TIME! And if they were not there, ON TIME, you just KNEW that something had happened – maybe even something bad – which caused them to be late.

I’ve heard it said that “faithfulness is the foundation of trust.” And I know that to be true because for the first 12 years of my marriage I was unfaithful to my wife; and during that time she had no idea of my inexcusable indiscretions. But my unfaithfulness was finally uncovered and confessed; and all the credits which I had had in her bank of trust were gone. Then Christ came into our lives; and we began to put our trust in His love, … His mercy … and HIS faithfulness. And over time, through me walking, first with Christ and then, in exhibiting my faithfulness to my wife, she began to trust me because I was faithful; and now – YEARS LATER – she knows that I would do anything to retain her trust. But it took years for me to rebuild credits in her trust bank; and my primary walk in doing so was simply following the faithfulness of my Lord, …following Him in all I think, say, and do.

The Prophet Jeremiah, in his writings in Lamentations 3: 22-23 expresses – from God’s Spirit – the absolute truth about our God’s faithfulness. We can ALWAYS trust our God because He is ALWAYS faithful, … just like the “Son” comes up everday. And you can read about Him being faithful time and time and time again in the Old and New Testaments, and His faithfulness was completely and finally expressed in the life, death, and resurrection of the Lamb of God, our faithful Savior, Jesus Christ.

 Please take the time to use the link above and hear that wonderful old hymn about God’s faithfulness and His mercies, … which are new every morning in our faith-based relationship with our Lord. And then go back to the Song of faithfulness, written and sung by King David in Psalm 145, to see why our God can be trusted and why we can always put our hope in Him.

Yes, life can be tough at times. It sure was for all those years David ran from Saul in the dessert. It was for those years Joseph languished in slavery and prison. It was for Moses for all those years as a shepherd in the wilderness. And it certainly was for Jesus, Who was so unjustly put on a cross to die for you and me. But in all of those times and all of the challenges and trials of our lives, God is ALWAYS FAITHFUL to be there with His grace and mercy … WITH us … and FOR us. And in the end, it will be HIS faithfulness and HIS grace which will prevail in our lives.

My Prayer for Today … Yes, Lord, … great is Thy faithfulness!!! … Amen

No comments: