Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 15, 2013 … Blameless … Not Perfect … Just Redeemed!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 227

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Today watch/listen to a powerful song sung by Big Daddy Weave, singing “Redeemed”, declaring that being blameless is not being perfect; … it’s being new in Christ … redeemed!!

Highlight Study passage found in Psalm 84: 11-12 [NLT]  
11 For the LORD God is our light and protector. He gives us grace and glory. No good thing will the LORD withhold from those who do what is right. 12 O LORD Almighty, happy are those who trust in you.
==============
Contextual reading study of Psalms, Chapter 84: Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Colossians 1: 21-22 [Reconciled and redeemed.] … [NLT] …  
21 This includes you who were once far away from God. You were His enemies, separated from Him by your evil thoughts and actions. 22 Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before Him without a single fault.

Reference Passage #2: 2nd Corinthians 5: 16-17 [Not perfect; but new!] … [NLT] …  
16 So, we have stopped evaluating others by what the world thinks about them. Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way, as though He were merely a human being. How differently I think about Him now! 17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!

My Journal for Today: Doing the right thing, … living the right way, … being the right kind of person. That’s a tough calling in living the Christian life, isn’t it? We’re called to live holy lives and to be blameless before God in glory; … yet, here we are, so imperfect in our human state.

Yes, my friend, we’re called unto righteousness and we’re still unrighteous; but fortunately that has been rectified by Christ on the cross; and now, IN CHRIST, having been redeemed by HIS blood through the faith I have placed in Him as my Lord and Savior, I can live my life as a new creation, … being molded into His image by His Spirit living in me.

Yes, … I should ALWAYS strive to be like my Lord, … Holy and Perfect; … but now my striving to blamelessness is covered by His redemption; and when I’m surrendered to Him, I AM BLAMELESS. It’s a hard one to fathom for any Christian; but even when I sin, being redeemed, He covers my transgressions with His blood. No, it doesn’t’ mean that I can recklessly sin, willfully and openly and chronically, without being convicted in my sin. Sin always has consequences. But it does mean that my redemption in Christ will lead me to desire to live blamelessly before God’s throne of grace.

So, today I’m praying, having taken in God’s truth above, that we all strive to live blameless lives before the Lord, Who died and was resurrected that we live for Him as redeemed and new creations in Christ.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, I surrender to Your grace to cover my humanity. Bring all who read here to live blameless lives, covered by Your blood, … REDEEMED!! … Amen

No comments: