Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015:  God’s Word Is Power

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2015 - Day 298  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of various verses from the Bible expressing … The Power of God’s Word, … declaring various truths from Scripture about how God uses His word for His purposes.


Highlight Passage:   Psalm 119: 11 [NKJV] …  
11 Your word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin agains You. 
 …  God’s prescription for avoiding sinful living.
============ 
Highlight Context – Psalms 119: 9-16 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
…  A Psalmist who loved and revered the power found in God’s word
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Isaiah 55: 11 [NKJV] … 
11 So shall my word go forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. 
… God’s word will always accomplish what God desires, especially when it goes out in His Name and for His glory.

Reference Passage #2 - 2nd Timothy 3: 16-17 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… ALL scripture is inspired by God and equips Christian to do His work.

Reference Passage #3 - Hebrews 4: 12 [NKJV] … 
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 
… God’s word is a powerful sword in the hands of a capable Christian warrior.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Keila Ochoa, emphasizes the power of God’s word as she writes … I have a digital edition of the Bible on my reading device. But I still have my favorite printed Bible—the one I have underlined and read many times. We don’t know the future of the printed page, but one thing we do know: The best place for God’s Word is not on our cell phones, electronic reading devices, or bedside table. … Nothing compares to pondering God’s Word, learning more of Him, and putting it into practice in our daily lives. The best place for His Word lies deep in our souls. 

Right on, Keila! You nailed it, girl!! … And may I take a moment to give you a little test as to what you feel is important about God’s word. Here’s my test …
1.  Do you believe what it says in Isaiah 55:11?
___A. Absolutely YES
___B. Absolutely NOT
___C. Let me see what it says first 
2. Where is all truth found? 
___A. The Bible
___B. Science
___C. Worldly Education  3
. If you could do something for 30 minutes every day that would make you a better/stronger Christian, would you do it?
___A. ABSOLUTELY YES! 
___B. Maybe, after I hear what it is
___C. Knowing me, probably not

Well, … my fellow Christian (I’m assuming you are a Christian), if you marked anything by “A” in this 3 question test, you need not read on; because I really don’t think you are serious about the power found in God’s word. But anyone reading here is welcome to read on.

I’m being a bit longer in my journaling today because I’m so passionate about how getting God’s word into my heart (see Ps. 119: 9-11) has transformed my life. I had a mentor who taught me how to memorize Scripture; and he took me on an 18 month journey, memorizing over 70 passages in proper historical context; and then he led me into the discipline which you read me exercising here today … i.e., DAILY getting into God’s word, praying from God’s word, and journaling from God’s word to change my life.

 My guess is that you have certain disciplines which you carry out daily, … for example, … like brushing your teeth, fixing your hair, choosing your clothing, or maybe jogging or exercising; and you do these disciplines for specific, positive reasons. Well, as Question #3 in my test above asks, if you could take 30 minutes every day to take on a discipline which would give more strength/power to your Christian life, would you do it? …

 I hope so … because if you took 30 minutes using a good devotional tool, like Our Daily Bread; and you dug into God’s word, studying it and meditating on it; and then you wrote a paragraph (you don’t have to be as wordy as I am here!!), journaling what you feel God is saying to you, … doing this discipline DAILY for a year would transform you and give you more power for Christian living.

 But I guess you have to decide whether that doing that DAILY would be worth it for YOU. It sure was for me; and I’ll be here tomorrow - into God’s word and getting His truth into me. Come back for more! …

My Prayer Today:  Oh, my Lord, Jesus! … Thank You for the power of Your word to change me. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: