Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 11, 2016: No Keeping Score

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 42  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the blind Christian singer, Gordon Mote, singing his song, If They Could See You Thru My Eyes… singing of the love he holds for his wife, even though he can’t physically see her face. And this is the type of love we should have for our Lord ALWAYS, the One Who sees everything in the love He holds for us.


Highlight Passage:   Ephesians 4:32 [NKJV] …  
32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. 
… Seeing the best in the beauty of the love God holds for us and holding that love out to others. 
============
Highlight Context – Ephesians 4:25-32 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  …  
 … Jesus is THE MAN!!! … He’s everything!! … Before anything!
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Psalm 103:12 [NKJV] …  
12 He has removed our sins as far as the east is from the west. 
… And this is how much God loves us … showing us how much we should love others, especially those close to us.

Reference Passage #2 - 1st Corinthians 13:4-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK 
… Especially note verse 5 “[Love] keeps no record of being wronged.” … Loving others the way God loves us.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Joe Stowell used a personal story to illustrate how all married Christians should never keep score in their relationships. Stowed wrote: At his son’s wedding reception, my friend Bob offered advice and encouragement to the newlyweds. In his speech he told of a football coach in a nearby town who, when his team lost a game, kept the losing score on the scoreboard all week to remind the team of their failure [see attached photo]. While that may be a good football strategy, Bob wisely advised, it’s a terrible strategy in marriage. When your spouse upsets you or fails you in some way, don’t keep drawing attention to the failure. Turn off the scoreboard. 

Okay, … followers here with me. It’s coming up on the day of love, … Valentine’s Day. And on this day we think about those close to us whom we love the most, … perhaps a spouse, a child, a sibling, or a dear friend. … And I’m one of those “lucky” ones (tho I don’t believe “luck” exists). I have someone whom God has given me to love that really fits the mold of that love chapter (see 1st Cor. 13 linked above) where God spells out the character of His love for us [i.e., “agape” love] and how we should choose to give that type of love to others.

 It’s the type of love God shows for all of HIS DEAR ONES, separating us from our sinfulness as far as the east is from the west (see Psalm 103:12). And I pray that everyone reading here has someone to love like that … like one of my favorite singer/song writers, Gordon Mote, has in the love he wrote about for his wife. Please take the time to use the link above and hear Gordon singing his love song to his wife.

 That’s the kind of love I have for the little Dutch treat God brought into my life well over 50 years ago now; and I pray that I can always see her the way Gordon Mote, though blind, sees his wife. It’s the way my God, with His all-seeing, all-knowing sight, sees me.

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Thank You for seeing me, knowing me, and still loving me. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: