Sunday, February 14, 2016

February 14, 2016: So Easily Forgetful

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 45  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a video of the group 3rd Day, singing the old hymn, Blessed Assurance… declaring what should be the story of all who declare Jesus to be Savior and Lord … blessed assurance … but oh how easy it is to forget in midst of trials.

 
Highlight Passage:   Hebrews 12: 28 [NLT] …  
28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 
 … And let us never forget!!!
============
Highlight Context – Hebrews 12: 18-29 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  …  
… God through this author helps believers remember our everlastingly merciful and protecting God. 
============      

Reference Passage #1 - Romans 8: 32 [NKJV] …  
32  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 
… And don’t forget it!!!

Reference Passage #2 - Hebrews 13: 5 [NKJV] …  
5 … be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 
… How quickly we forget His promise.

My Journal for Today:  Today’s Our Daily Bread author, Randy Kilgore, fearful that a new used car would not be as safe as his previous car, was awakened to remember God as his windshield wipers gave him vision in a storm [see photo].

Kilgore wrote: The windshield wipers slamming back and forth trying to keep up with the pelting rain only added to my irritation as I adjusted to driving the used car I had just purchased—an old station wagon with 80,000+ miles and no side-impact airbag protection for the kids. … “Okay, God,” I actually said out loud, “now I can’t even protect my kids from side-impact crashes. If anything happens to them, let me tell You what I’m going to do . . .” … Thwip, thwap. Thwip, thwap. (Gulp.) . . . I was instantly ashamed. In the previous 2 years God had spared both my wife and my son from almost certain death, and yet here I was whining about “things” I had lost. Just like that I’d learned how quickly I could grow ungrateful to God. 

It’s true, isn’t it? How quickly we can become self indulgent in the midst of the storms of life and forget the very nature of our God! Circumstances change; and sometimes they can be almost unbearable; but God never changes, does He?

Today I needed that reminder. No matter where I’m traveling down the road of life, … even through storms where I have trouble seeing ahead (see attached photo), as the group Third Day sings (linked above), I ALWAYS have the blessed assurance that “Jesus is mine!” And He will never leave me, nor forsake me (see Hebrews 12:28 and 13:5).

 NO … NEVER! 

My Prayer Today:  Heavenly Father, … Thank You, Lord for always being there for me. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: