Saturday, October 15, 2016

October 15, 2016: I’m On His Team

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 289  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Jim Rice of the duo, Brush Arbor, singing … Hello God, poignantly singing of coming to God with a soulful petition for God to be the Lord of the singer’s life.


Highlight Passage: Psalm 86:6-7 [NKJV] …  
6 Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer, and attend to the voice of my supplications. 7 In the day of my trouble I will call on You, for You will answer me. 
… We pray, as did David, and He hears.
============
Highlight Context: Psalm 86:1-13 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… King David prays and God listens.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … Psalm 116:1-2 [NKJV] …  
1 I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, … therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. 
… Knowing that our Lord bends down to hear us, we come to Him with our supplications.

Reference Passage #2 … Hebrews 11:6 [NKJV] …  
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
 … Our faith brings us to God. His promises bring Him to us.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, used a true story of a young NFL fan searching for a team to follow to illustrate how diligently we need to seek our Lord in prayer. She wrote: Cade Pope, a 12-year-old boy from Oklahoma, mailed out 32 handwritten letters [see attached photo] — one to each executive in charge of a National Football League (NFL) team in the US. Cade wrote, “My family and I love football. We play fantasy football and watch [the] games every weekend. . . . I am ready to pick an NFL team to cheer on for a lifetime!” 
Jerry Richardson, owner of the Carolina Panthers football team, responded with a handwritten note of his own. The first line read: “We would be honored if our [team] became your team. We would make you proud.” Richardson went on to commend some of his players. His letter was not only personal and kindhearted—it was the only response that Cade received. Not surprisingly, Cade became a loyal fan of the Carolina Panthers. 

When David was searching for help in times of trouble, He knew where to God; and He even wrote songs about His need to be on God’s team (see Psalms 86 & 116 above). And as we read in His prayers, He knew that God would get his message and answer His prayer. His faith in God’s listening ear and willing Spirit was deep.

Is ours?

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … dear God, just as Jim Rice sings in the linked song … I pray - everyday - and You hear of my love, my confessions, my thanks, and my supplications. Thank You, Lord, for being there for me as Captain and Coach of Your team.   Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: