Saturday, October 29, 2016

October 29, 2016: Praying for Others

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 303  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Jim Rice, from the group Brush Arbor, singing about a prayer … Hello God … with a prayer in song the heart of one who desperately needs a Savior.


Highlight Verse[s]: John 17:9 [NKJV] …  
9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. …” 
… Jesus prays for His disciples, … including you and me!
============
Highlight Context: John 17:6-26 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus, knowing He was to be betrayed and crucified, prayed for those who would come after Him. ===========

Reference Passage #1 …2nd Corinthians 1:3-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Paul, having been through so much, shows compassion/care for fellow Christians who suffer for Christ’s sake.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, David McCasland, in teaching about reaching out to pay for those in need, wrote of Jesus’ prayer for His disciples. He wrote: Hours before Judas betrayed Him, Jesus prayed for His disciples. “I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of Your Name, the Name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one” (John 17:11). Knowing what was about to happen, Jesus looked beyond Himself to focus on His followers and friends. 

And the ODB author today also wrote about a hospitalized and dying patient who became known for his prayer witness for other patients in need of healing [use link below to read this illustration]. And that’s my take-away today from this ODB entry; … that all too often I pray with an attitude of MY NEEDS, rather than first thinking - and praying - for others around me who are need God’s help or healing beyond mine.

And so, … right now, … I’m stopping to pray for many suffering friends, known to me, who need prayer, … knowing that my Lord, knows their needs and prays for them as well.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, You’ve heard my prayers for those in need; and You know far more in my life who desperately need help/healing. Lift them up, dear Holy Spirit! … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: