Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 25, 2016: Blessings In Disguise

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 299  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Laura Story singing the testimony song she wrote … Blessings … a song expressing the truth that the blessings in our life are often disguised as the challenges and trials we encounter.


Highlight Verse[s]: 2nd Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV] …  
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
… God grace and blessing often come masked in pain.
============
Highlight Context: 2nd Corinthians 12:6-10 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Paul encountered a “thorn,” which helped give him God’s blessing of enabling/empowering grace.
===========

Reference Passage #1 …Romans 8:28 [NKJV] …  
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
… Yes … ALL things, … even the tests, trials, and tribulations of life.

Reference Passage #2 … Philippians 4:11-13 [NKJV] …USE THIS LINK 
 … Paul learned, as should we, that God would give him the strength to be contented in all situations of life.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Dave Roper, tells a personal story of a lesson he learned the hard way in life. He wrote: A number of years ago I wrote an essay about my collection of canes, staffs, and walking sticks and mused that I might someday graduate to a walker. Well, the day has come. A combination of back issues and peripheral neuropathy has left me pushing a three-wheel walker. I can’t hike; I can’t fish; I can’t do many of the things that used to bring me great joy. 
I’m trying to learn, however, that my limitation, whatever it may be, is a gift from God, and it is with this gift that I am to serve Him. This gift and not another. This is true of all of us, whether our limits are emotional, physical, or intellectual. 

The Apostle Paul had to learn that lesson the hard way too. And we read about God allowing Satan to give Paul a “thorn,” … some painful condition which Paul could not pray away and from which God would not deliver him. Then the Apostle remembered Jesus teaching him that God’s grace would ALWAYS give him the grace to deal with the often painful challenges of life.

And as Laura Story, in her poignant testimonial song, linked above, sings, … we often come to realize that the BLESSINGS of life are sometimes disguised as the challenges we encounter. That’s what Paul learned from his “thorn,” didn’t he? And he came to realize that he could be contented in any situation of life (see Phil. 4:11-13); and that truly ALL THINGS do work for the good of any who surrender to the Lordship of Christ (yes, the tough truth of Rom. 8:28).

I don’t know about any who’re reading with me here; but I needed to get that strong reminder today. Perhaps you did too!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Thank You for Your strengthening and sanctifying grace, which is always a blessing, … even in the pain we encounter in life. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: