Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18, 2016: Real Love Is His Love

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 323  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Chris Tomlin singing … Jesus Loves Me … poignantly singing of the reality of Christ’s love, which shows us how we must love others … sacrificially and completely.

 
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 22:41-42 [NKJV] …  
41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” 
… Our model of sacrificial love overcomes His humanity with His divinity.
============
Highlight Context: Luke 22:49-46 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus His intent on sacrificial love in Gethsemane.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … John 3:16 [NKJV] …  
{I think it's likely anyone here knows this one as well as I do.}
… His love for us was the totality of sacrifice, … just as we should try to emulate in loving others.

Reference Passage #2 … John 13:34-35 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… We only demonstrate Christ’s sacrificial love when our love is likewise sacrificial for others.

Reference Passage #3 … 1st John 3:16 [NKJV] …  
16 By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 
… We love like Christ when we’re willing to give our all for others.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Randy Kilgore, uses a true story which occurred during the Boxer Rebellion in 1900, … telling of 2 Christian missionaries who were willing to give their lives to save two others. He wrote: In the lives of Edith Coombs and Tsuen Kwei we see a love that rises above cultural or national character. Their sacrifice reminds us of the greater grace and love of our Savior. 

Today in the linked song Chris Tomlin sings about how much Jesus loved those whom He came to save with His ultimate sacrificial love. And his song, the Scriptures above, and today’s ODB entry should lead us (well, at least me) to ask if my love for others, especially those close to me, approaches - or at least pursues - the completeness and sacrifice as the love my Savior had for me dying on that cross to allow me to be with Him for eternity.

I am challenged today - perhaps you are too - to do more to reach out and share His love sacrificially with family, fellow Christians, and anyone God puts in our path needing His love.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, help me to give of my love to others the way You loved me. … Amen  

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: