Wednesday, February 01, 2017

February 1, 2017 ... Following God’s Lead

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 32 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Sara Groves singing her song … It’s Going To Be Alright … poignantly expressing how followers of Christ will find His peace and direction when we faithfully follow His lead, … seek His will and way from His word.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 32:8 [NLT] … 
8 The Lord says, I will guide you along the best pathway of your life. I will advise you and watch over you. 
… Isn’t that what all Christians desire … to let God lead us along HIS pathway in life. 
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 32 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David reveals what happens when we surrender completely and follow God faithfully; … we find his healing peace.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : …Deuteronomy 31:8 [NLT] … 
8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” 
… Moses charges Joshua just as God charges us … to follow our Lord into “our promised land.”

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] … 
3 You (Lord) will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, … all those whose thoughts are fixed on You. 
… Don’t we all seek God’s peace; … well, herein He gives us His prescription for His peace.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … Joshua 1: 8 [NLT] …  
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 
… God shows Joshua (and us) how to be Spiritually successful in follow His lead.

Reference Passage #4 [NKJV] : … Luke 9:23 [NLT] …  
23 Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. … “ 
… Jesus tells His followers what it takes to be His disciple and to follow His lead.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dennis Fisher, used a personal story to illustrate how those who really love the Lord are willing to do what it takes to follow His lead. The ODB author wrote: On the day our youngest daughter was flying from Munich to Barcelona, I visited my favorite flight tracking website to follow her progress [see attached photo]. After I entered her flight number, my computer screen showed that her flight had crossed Austria and was skirting the northern part of Italy. From there the plane would fly over the Mediterranean, south of the French Riviera toward Spain, and was scheduled to arrive on time. It seemed that the only thing I didn’t know was what the flight attendants were serving for lunch! 
Why did I care about my daughter’s location and circumstances? Because I love her. I care about who she is, what she’s doing, and where she’s going in life. 

Well, if I was able - and motivated by love - to desire the safety and well-being of my daughter while she was traveling, as with the ODB author above, (and I most certainly would be), … just how much more does God want us to track His will and His ways from His eternal GPS (i.e., His word). Well, WAY MUCH MORE, … for sure!!!

 And when you have listened to Sara Groves sing about the outcomes of following Christ closely; and you’ve taken in and meditated on the Scriptures provide by OBD and yours truly, I pray we all see that diligently seeking God’s will and following His ways from His word is really the only way we’re going trek through life with any degree of peace and direction.

 The question then is … just how much do we stay focused on our Lord, following His truth and doggedly seeking His peace and guidance? Personally, … that’s why you find me here every day, using the ODB devotional, His word, and prayer to surrender to His guidance.
 What’s your plan?

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Thank You, Lord, for giving me Your peace and leading me in Your ways by providing me with Your perfect GPS … Your word. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: