Sunday, February 26, 2017

February 26, 2017 ... He’s My Friend ALWAYS!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 57 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …   Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing … I Am A Friend of God … powerfully declaring what Christ’s sacrifice has brought into the lives of those now in faith can call God a friend and not an enemy. Hey friends, God is my friend!!! Hallelujah!!!

Professional Golf Hospitality Tent
=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Ephesians 3:12 [NLT] … 
12 Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence. 
… Christ’s finished work on the cross gives me (you too!) direct access to His presence. 
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Ephesians 2:11-13, 3:7-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul teaches Christians on our ability to come boldly and directly to God as a child to his/her Father.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NLT] : … Matthew 28: 20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...  
20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus promises to be with His disciples … ALWAYS.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, used a sports analogy to show that we ALWAYS have access to our God. The ODB author wrote: A few years ago, a friend invited me to join him as a spectator at a pro golf tournament. Being a first-timer, I had no idea what to expect. When we arrived, I was surprised to receive gifts, information, and maps of the golf course. But what topped it all was that we gained access to a VIP tent behind the 18th green [see photo], where we had free food and a place to sit. I couldn’t have gained entry to the hospitality tent on my own though. The key was my friend; it was only through him that I had complete access. 
Left to ourselves, we would all be hopelessly separated from God. But Jesus, who took our penalty, offers us His life and access to God. 

The Apostle Paul, who had once been an arch enemy of Jesus, The Christ, had intimately come to know His Lord; and he wanted all Christians to know that any/all who were born-again by faith in Christ could, as the linked song above declares, now come to the Lord as a friend. Yes, even the Gentiles, whom Paul once hated, were called by God to be His family members and friends [see highlight passages above].

Jesus certainly declared that truth in His Great Commission, didn’t He (see Matt. 28:20]?! … The question is, … do we believe it; and then, do we live out the reality that we can come to the God of the Universe and tell or ask Him anything as our friend?

How about you joining me today and let’s go to our Friend, Jesus, and USE THIS LINK ... listening to Andrew Gold and thanking Jesus for being our friend.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, thank You for being my friend and being with me ALWAYS! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: