Friday, February 03, 2017

February 3, 2017 ... He Sees … ALWAYS!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 34 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images with accompaniment sayings from Sara Groves singing her song … It’s Going to Be Alright … poignantly expressing the reality that our Lord see us and is with us… ALWAYS!!


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Genesis 16:13 [NLT] … 
13 Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the Lord, who had spoken to her. She said, “You are the God who sees me.” [El-Roi]  She also said, “Have I truly seen the One who sees me?” 
… God helped Solomon remember that we must choose to enjoy God’s providence and to be happy with what we have now.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Genesis 16:1-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God watches over and cares for Hagar and her needs - just as He does with all His children. 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Deuteronomy 31:8 [NKJV] … 
8 Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” 
… ALWAYS watching over us.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : … Isiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 
10 Fear not, for I am with you; … be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, … yes, I will help you, … I will lift you up with My righteous hand. 
… God’s promise that He’ll be there for us, especially in the tough times.

Reference Passage #3 [NKJV] : … 1st Peter 5:7 [NKJV] … 
7 … casting ALL your cares on Him, for He cares for you … 
… Yes, … but do we really?

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Pye, took her readers (me) to the story in Genesis 16:1-13 where Hagar had run away from Sarai and Abram and felt abandoned. But God saw her in her time of need and ministered to her.

My friends and fellow believers, … Perhaps you’re in a place like Hagar where you feel far away from God. Maybe you’re prayers seem to be bouncing off the ceiling and going nowhere.

And in such times, it can be so difficult to realize and believe the truth of God being “El-Roi,” the God who sees and cares, just as Hagar discovered and just as Peter exhorted us in 1st Peter 5:7.

Of late I’ve been dealing with some degree of clinical depression in my life; and I’ve felt some (not as much, but some) of what Hagar must’ve felt. But every time I come here - each morning - and get on my knees in my quiet time with God and then I open the Our Daily Bread and God’s word to start my day, I’m touched by my EL-ROI, knowing the truth of what Sara Groves sings (linked above), … that “It’s Going To Be Alright.”

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Thank You, Lord, for giving me Your assurance that You are truly my El-Roi. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: