Saturday, April 13, 2019

April 13, 2019 … Knowing He’s There

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 103 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics from the group, Anointed, singing … God Is All Around Us … poignantly singing of the reality of our God being with us … NO MATTER WHAT.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Exodus 3:12a [NLT] … 12 God answered [Moses], “I will be with you. …” 
… A confused and unsure Moses gets God’s assurance that the Lord would always be with Moses. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Exodus 3:11-14 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s presence is experienced and deeply felt by Moses at the burning bush.
==============

Reference Passage : …Joshua 1:5 [NLT] … 5 No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. 
… At a time of great self-doubt, God assures Joshua, as He did Moses, that the Lord would ALWAYS be with him as he led God’s people into the promised land.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 29:20 [NLT] … 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 
… Jesus assures believers that He will always be with us … NO MATTER WHAT!! 

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 11:1-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… We can only experience the presence and power of God thru faith.

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:5b [NLT] … For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” [from Deut. 31:8] 
… God, in Hebrews, restates His promise to NEVER leave the life of a believer, … again, NO MATTER WHAT!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Leslie Koh, used aa personal story to illustrate how God’s presence assures the faithful that God will NEVER abandon us. The ODB author wrote … When his wife contracted a terminal illness, Michael longed for her to experience the peace he had through his relationship with God. He had shared his faith with her, but she wasn’t interested. One day, as he walked through a local bookstore, a title caught his eye: “God, Are You There?” [see photo] Unsure how his wife would respond to the book, he walked in and out of the store several times before finally buying it. To his surprise, she accepted it. 
The book touched her, and she began to read the Bible too. Two weeks later, Michael’s wife passed away—at peace with God and resting in the assurance that He would never leave or forsake her. 

Today is a special day for me, my fellow Christians. 36 years ago today, this old warrior went from being a self-proclaimed “agnostic” (really an atheist) to a surrendered, repentant believer in Jesus Christ. It’s a long story; but from that day - April 13, 1983 - forward, I knew that God was real; and I had come to believe that His Son, King Jesus, was worthy of following. And from that day forth, my faith in Him has grown exponentially.

Today as any of you read here, I pray that you , as with many of the stalwarts of our faith, like Moses (see highlight passage), Joshua (see Joshua 1:5), and the author of Hebrews (see reference passages), KNOW, by solid faith in Jesus’ promise (see Matt. 29:20), that He, … KING JESUS, … is ALWAYS with us and will NEVER abandon us.

And because of the truth of God’s promises, we can move onward KNOWING, as the linked song sings, that “God is all around us.” 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for the promise of Your eternal presence.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me, to live out our lives KNOWING that God is always with us. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: