Sunday, April 21, 2019

April 21, 2019 … Stained and Cleansed Hearts

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 111

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics from the group Selah singing that great Andre Crouch song … The Blood Never Loses Its Power … poignantly singing of how Christ’s completed work, shedding His blood on the cross, will never lose it’s power to save and cleanse us from our sins.


==============
Highlight Verse[s]: Jeremiah 2:22 [NLT] … 22  No amount of soap or lye can make you clean. I still see the stain of your guilt.  I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken! … Nothing we can do can cleanse us from the stains of our sin. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Jeremiah 2:13, 20-22 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Jeremiah, declares the sin stains of His people [and that’s us, too!].
==============

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… For those who need it (and that’s all of us - see Rom. 3:23), God’s mercies are new every morning … BUT … we have to be willing to surrender to its sustaining/cleansing power thru confession and repentance.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 32:5 [NLT] … 5  Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the Lord.” And You forgave me! All my guilt is gone. 
… When we’re willing to confess and repent of our sin, God will forgive and cleanse the stain of ALL SINS - FOREVER.

Reference Passage : … John 19:28-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… When Jesus declared “It is finished” from the cross and dies, His blood had forever become the cleansing agent for all the sins of mankind … past, present, and future.

Reference Passage : … 1John 1:7, … 9 [NLT] … 7 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 
… 9 But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 
… All we need do now is confess our sins to Him directly and be cleansed.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa M Samra, used a personal story to illustrate how we are all permanently stained by sin with only the blood of Christ to cleanse us. The ODB author wrote … I couldn’t believe it. A blue gel pen had hidden itself in the folds of my white towels and survived the washing machine, only to explode in the dryer. Ugly blue stains were everywhere. My white towels were ruined. [see photo] No amount of bleach would be able to remove the dark stains. 
As I reluctantly consigned the towels to the rag pile, I was reminded of the Old Testament prophet Jeremiah’s lament describing the damaging effects of sin [see highlight passage]

The truth of Romans 3:23 [look it up if you don’t know it!] resounds in the hearts of all of us. We ALL have sin-stained hearts; and there’s only one way for those stains to be cleansed; and that is by receiving the sin-cleansing power of God’s Spirit when we confess and repent of our sins, … receiving the cleansing blood of Christ, which, as the linked song powerfully sings, … will never lose its power … to cleanse us completely (see 1John 1:7,9).

 I pray all who’re reading here, on this Easter day, have experienced that complete cleansing and move on in life knowing that God’s cleansing mercy is ALWAYS there for us

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Abba Father, … thank You, Lord, … for Your blood which cleanses me (and all of us) of the stains of sin.
============= 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, … King Jesus, … I pray, Lord, that all reading here can, and will, join me, to celebrate, in this special day, the cleansing blood of Jesus. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: