Wednesday, September 02, 2009

2009 – Day 244.Sept 02 – Job Longing

Passage of the Day: Job 19 … Linked for study …

My Journal for Today:
One of my favorite Christian songs (and I’m listening to it right at this moment on my Ipod) is the song Redeemer, sung by Nicole C. Mullen. It is a glorious song of redemption and victory Christ won for us on the cross, … the victory which led to the reality we Christians – and only Christians – can claim, which is a restatement of the oft repeated line from Job 19, verse 25, “I know that my Redeemer lives!”

And as I listen to this grand and glorious praise song, and after reading and meditating on Job 19, I somehow desire that Job, whom I know is now with Christ in Heaven, would see that his lament in this chapter, along with his entire testimony, has now been honored so gloriously with God’s eternal word, the Bible. And I want him to know – but of course he does – that I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!

Yes, Job, my Redeemer, Jesus, lives in me; and He lives in anyone who has humbled himself or herself to acknowledge The Christ as Savior and Lord, receiving His saving grace. Oh, blessed one, I hope that you know that Your Redeemer lives; because you’re going to have times as those lamented by Job in this chapter, where circumstances seem to assail us with injustice in our lives, … where our Lord seems far away. But I want to tell Job – and you – that our God, The Redeemer of all, lives! And in the end, our Redeemer is victorious over all injustice; and all the injustices of this world will be made right.

Stand on that truth when God seems far away, my friend. In the end of all things, “My Redeemer lives!”

My Prayer for Today: Praise Your victory on the cross, dear Lord, which has redeemed me and given my Your Spirit to live within me. Amen

No comments: