Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012 … No Retirement In God’s Kingdom

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Joshua, Chapters 12-15 … To study these chapters, go to this link -

============
Highlight Reference Passage : Joshua 13: 1 … When Joshua had grown old, the LORD said to him, “You are now very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over.”

============
Highlight Review Passage : Joshua 14: 10-12 … 10 [Caleb’s witness] … “Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the wilderness. So here I am today, eighty-five years old! 11 I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I’m just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. 12 Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said.”

My Journal for Today: In reading and meditating through Chapters 12-15 of the Book of Joshua this morning, two passages (highlighted above) struck me emotionally, personally, and – I believe- spiritually. And they were saying to me – from God’s Spirit, I believe – … “Bill, don’t let Satan turn you out, feeling that you deserve retirement from the work I’ve called you to do; because I, your God, need you to do what I have prepared and purposed you to do for My glory.”

Sometimes, I have to admit that I get wrapped in feelings of entitlement, … thinking, … “Well, I’ve worked hard on the front-lines of spiritual warfare for a lot of years; and I’m getting up in age; and my strength is waning somewhat in my latter years.” But then, I read these highlighted passages above, which remind me of two of God’s great warriors, Joshua and Caleb. And as I meditate here this morning, I remember the life of Moses as well, who carried God’s banner of glory well beyond his 100th year.

Bottom-line lesson today for me [and maybe for you];… God can use anyone at any age for any task which HE lays out for us to do as part of HIS plan for HIS glory. So, … though I might be tired and even a bit broken down physically, if God has called me to go to battle for His Name and His glory, he’s going to supply me with all I need to accomplish what He has to do for me. And as I’m declaring this, a number of passages from God’s word bubble into my consciousness to lift me up and give me strength and courage.

And I hope you, who are reading here with me, will be encouraged by Isaiah 41: 10 … 1st Cor. 10: 13 … Phil. 4: 13 … 2nd Cor. 12: 9 … 2nd Timothy 1: 7 … and 2nd Peter 1: 3. And if you can meditate on the stories in the highlight passages from Joshua above, as well as these truths from God’s word which I’ve documented here, I pray that, since we all have God’s charge of witness (in Acts 1: 8) as well as God’s GREAT COMMISSION (in Matt. 28: 19-20), we must move onward, … ignoring feelings of inadequacy and weariness, to carry out what God has purposed for us to do for His glory. Remember one last passage from the Apostle Paul – go to Galatians 6: 7-10 - linked here – and taking in all of this … ONWARD FOR CHRIST!!!

My Prayer Today: … Lord, lift me beyond feelings of “retirement” and onward to action as long as you have purposed me to work for Your kingdom. Amen

No comments: