Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29, 2012 … Again and Again and Again …

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Judges, Chapters 1-2 … To study these chapters, go to this link -

Passage of the Day: Reference of Today’s Chronological Bible Study: Judges 1: 21-36… To study these chapters, go to this link -

============
Highlight Reference Passage : Judges 1: 21 … The Benjamites, however, did not drive out the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem; to this day the Jebusites live there with the Benjamites.

My Journal for Today: Okay, for those who’ve trekked with me chronologically through the book of Joshua, we’ve been reading of promised-land conquest. Now, we move on into a period of over 300 years of cyclical failure and redundant disobedience as I’m led into the book of Judges, the first two chapters of which I’ve linked anyone reading with me this morning.

And if you’ve ever studied the six chronicled periods of the Judges in this book, it’s not easy reading, is it? In fact it’s like God holding a crystal clear mirror of truth in front of us, saying to believers, who look into His mirror, … “See what happens when you disobey!” I hope you take the time to read through these first two chapters; and when you do, you’ll get the picture of what’s to come in the entire book. … God has laid out the promised-land from His covenant promise; and even knowing that obedience to God’s ways and His will is the price the people will have to pay for God’s provision and protection, God’s chosen ones disobey, … over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Notice I said “over” six times, because that represents the six periods of judges represented in this book of the Bible, where twelve “judges” had to be sent after each of the six periods of disobedience to give the people the leadership they would need to get back on track and follow their God.

And as I said, the book of Judges is like a mirror of truth as we redeemed sinners read it, because in the history of Judges we see ourselves and the failures of our own recurring sinfulness; and we see, almost like a series of videos, how God, the heavenly Father, never leaves nor forsakes His children, … and how His mercy and grace keeps pursuing His beloved. And ultimately as the Old Covenant yields to the New, we know of God’s ultimate rescue mission, … where He sends His Son to save us all.

And as often happens, God gives me remembrance of a song to seal His love in my quiet time. I hope you take a few minutes in reading my journal into Judges to click on this link and listen to Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing one of my favorite songs of Christian blessing and God’s loving grace.

But in future days, we’ll continue to see ourselves in the Judges mirror of truth; though I’m afraid, my dear one, it’s not going to be a pretty picture.

My Prayer Today: … LORD, thank You for staying with me. Thank You for pursuing me. Thank You for rescuing me. Thank You for saving me. Thank You for redeeming me. Amen

No comments: