Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22, 2013 … God’s Unfailing Love … Every Morning!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 81

Passage of the Day: Psalm 143: 8 [In the context of verses 7-10] [NLT] …  
7 Come quickly, LORD, and answer me, for my depression deepens. Don’t turn away from me, or I will die. 8 Let me hear of your unfailing love to me in the morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I have come to you in prayer. 9 Save me from my enemies, LORD; I run to you to hide me. 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. 
============
Contextual Study of today’s passage: Psalm 143 [NLT] … Go to this link … 
 ============

Reference Passage #1: Proverbs 3: 5-6 : [Again and again, God leads me back to this truth. ] …[NKJV] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; … 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 

Reference Passage #2: Lamentations 3: 22-23 : [Jeremiah had it right from God’s unfailing love. ] …[NKJV] …  
22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, … because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; … great is Your faithfulness. 

My Journal for Today: My friend, if you’re reading along with me today, I’m humbled and honored by God leading you to do so. And for sure, Satan certainly didn’t lead you here! … And if you’re here on some morning, this is the time I write my journal (blog) entries; because it’s the time of each day when I’ve disciplined myself to come to this quiet place and be with my God (any my friend, make no mistake, it’s not a natural thing – my flesh would rather have me in bed getting some more zzz’s).

So, … why do I do this every morning?

Because, like King David likely learned, I don’t trust my own flesh and natural tendencies. Yes, God described David as “a man after His own heart.” But God knew this was not David’s nature. The Lord knew it was David’s choice; and in spite of David’s failings; and they were legend; David learned, from his failures, primarily in the Bathsheba incident, that he – David – needed to choose to allow God to develop a dependent/surrendered spirit in him. That’s what Psalms 51 and 32 are all about; aren’t they?

But Jeremiah, the weeping Prophet, who wrote the song in Lamentations, especially Chapter 3: 22-23, captured the heart of God’s faithful love in being new for any believer EVERY MORNING. So, knowing of my nature – i.e., my heart, also described by Jeremiah in Jer. 17: 9 - and fearing the failure I’m capable of, like David, … I CHOOSE to come to a place of solitude every morning and be with my God, … seeking to know Him more this morning than yesterday, … calling on His unfailing love in prayer, … finding His light on the path of my life, … and then, surrendering to His purpose/will for my walk. I just don’t think I could – or would – be able to make it through the minefields of life without coming to be with my God in my trek to know Him more … EVERY MORNING.

Certainly, I know that it’s not natural to do this. It’s SUPER-natural. And that’s what God wants from us … supernatural surrender. And I believe that coming here, choosing to spend time with my God, captures His faithfulness and desire (EVERY MORNING) to help me start my day off with Him leading and me following. Isn’t that why Jesus told His disciples (see Luke 9: 23 – AGAIN!) to deny our selves, … to take up our crosses daily, … and to follow Him? And my friends, I best follow my Lord by starting off every morning with Him. In fact, … I’m flat afraid not to rack out in the morning EVERY DAY to be with God; because if I don’t, I surrender to my selfish desires; and I become vulnerable to my Jer. 17: 9 heart and the desires of my flesh, … making myself more vulnerable to an enemy who stalks me to attack me in moments of selfishness (see 1st Peter 5: 8).

No, I’m here this morning – and I’ll be back here tomorrow morning – because I want to know my God more. I want to love Him more, … obey Him more, … serve Him more, … and by being here, receive more of His grace. How about you? Why are you reading this? I’d bet for the same reasons … and if so, you’re in a good place, my friend!

 And if you’re here with me today, go with me to this link and sing along with Michael W. Smith, this wondrous old hymn … as I am singing it with him right now -  - Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

My Prayer for Today … Oh, Lord, I turn my eyes and my heart to You this morning for Your unfailing, every faithful love. … Amen

No comments: