Wednesday, March 06, 2013

March 6, 2013 … God’s Calling = God’s Enablement

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 65

Passage of the Day: 2nd Corinthians 1: 6 - 7 [NLT] …  
6 So when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. 7 We are confident that as you share in suffering, you will also share God’s comfort. 

Passage of the Day: 2nd Corinthians 1: 6 - 7 [The Message] …  
6-7 When we suffer for Jesus, it works out for your healing and salvation. If we are treated well, given a helping hand and encouraging word, that also works to your benefit, spurring you on, face forward, unflinching. Your hard times are also our hard times. When we see that you’re just as willing to endure the hard times as to enjoy the good times, we know you’re going to make it, no doubt about it. 
============
Contextual Study of today’s passage: 2nd Cor. 1: 1-11 [NLT] … Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Proverbs 3: 5-6 : [Trusting in His preparation and purpose!] …[NLT] …  
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. 6 Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths. 

My Journal for Today: If you’re reading/meditating along with me here, please take in the Scriptural references above, which Os Hillman has led me into today. What did they mean for you, … personally? They certainly had potent meaning for me.

Hillman describes God’s truth from the highlight scripture today from 2nd Cor. 1: 6 by defining what he calls “faith experiences” in his life where God either revealed Himself in the trials of Hillman’s life or through uplifting encouragement Hillman recognized as God’s preparation for the purposes God had for Hillman’s life; and he defines a “faith experience” In the following way.  

[Os Hillman] A "faith experience" is an event or "spiritual marker" in your life about which you can say, "That is where I saw God personally moving in my life." It is an unmistakable event in which God showed Himself personally to you. It was the burning bush for Moses; the crossing of the Red Sea or the Jordan River for the nation of Israel; Jacob's encounter with the angel. It was the feeding of the 5,000 for the disciples. It was the time when you saw God face to face in your life.

 Ever had any such experiences? I sure have. I first came to Christ out of a long stupor in atheism through such a “faith experience,” where God broke me to the core of my being to show me just how spiritually weak I was; and then He showed up in an incredible set of circumstance which only could have been a “God thing,” showing me just how personal God can be and how He wanted to give me the strength I needed to handle life. Later then, … down the road of my life, … He showed up again very clearly in my interaction with another immature Christian, where I was able to share my story and help this young, misdirected man to get his life back on track and to walk free from habitual sexual sin. I saw in this “faith experience” that it was God, not Bill Berry, Who had prepared me readily for just such a moment; and through another Christian, a mentor, He gave me counsel that … truly “God’s calling is His enablement!”

Perhaps you’re in the midst of a faith-building set of circumstances right now, … some trial or set of troubles which don’t seem to make sense but are very real in your life. Maybe you need to pray to God to reveal Himself in these challenges and to show you HIS purpose for your life. But above all, I can assure you – FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE – that God has a purpose – HIS PURPOSE – for you; and He wants to use YOU for HIS glory.

Oh so often, as I have again this morning, I end up quoting the exhortation of Solomon in Proverbs 3: 5-6, which is my wife’s life verse. She learned a long time ago that this truth is GOD”S TRUTH! And He so wants to show us HIS WAY to walk WITH HIM for HIS GLORY! But we’ve got to be willing to endure the “faith experiences” of life to allow Him to direct us on THE path of life – HIS PATH .

My Prayer for Today … Lord, here I am again, … seeking Your path; … oh, please, …shine Your light brightly in any “faith experience” YOU deem necessary to keep me on Your narrow way. … Amen

Blogger’s PS: Here’s a song I remembered - AT THIS YouTube LINK - and went back to hear this AM; and I think hearing it may help you if you’re going through some tough “faith experience” right now …  Hearing it right now, tears are streaming down my cheeks, remembering the “faith experiences” in my life. I pray you are so touched.

No comments: