Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28, 2013 … Remembering Whose We Are

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2013 - Day 87

Passage of the Day: Psalm 24: 1-2 [NLT] …  
1 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to Him. 2 For He laid the earth’s foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths. 
============
Contextual Study of today’s passage: Psalms, Chapter 24 [NLT] … Go to this link … 
============

Reference Passage #1: Proverbs 16: 18-19 : [Beware!] …[NKJV] …  
18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. 19 Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. 

Reference Passage #2: Proverbs 3: 5-6 : [Yes, … again we’re reminded] …[NKJV] …  
Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways, acknowledge Him; and He will direct your paths. 

My Journal for Today: Today, Os Hillman, in his workplace devotional, quotes the renown devotional writer, Oswald Chambers, who wrote, "Not every man can carry a full cup. Sudden elevation frequently leads to pride and a fall. The most exacting test of all to survive is prosperity."

Hillman raises Chamber’s warning because we all have a tendency to default to human pride when we’ve worked hard and accomplished much and we’re rewarded for what we’ve done. … Aw common, … admit it; we all have a feeling, in such an instance, what we did something good to feel that we deserve the adulation … don’t we? Well, today’s highlight Bible truth and the supporting reference passages remind us WHOSE WE ARE?

We are God’s; … and ALL was created in and through … and FOR Him. And we must HUMBLY remember anything we do is because of our Lord and for our Lord. It’s all His; and if we accomplish anything, we did it because He allowed it done; and it should have been done for His glory.

So, … how are we sitting on these truths today? Well, I’m under conviction, bigtime!! Yes, I’m convicted because I often swell with pride when I’m recognized for what I’ve done; and how often I forget what HE, my Lord, did for me. And this reality is heightened on today of all days; because here, in this year, this is Holy Week; and today, a Thursday, is the day we, who were saved by what our Lord did on the cross, need to remember that this was that day when Jesus was nailed to the cross.

 [Click on photo for larger view]

Four years ago, with a group of Christian pilgrims, I was led to the very spot where Jesus was hung on that tree on Golgotha. The photo attached here was taken by me looking down at my feet, standing on the very stones where the Roman soldiers nailed my Lord to the cross; and I wept, … realizing that it was my sins which nailed Him there; and yet He was wiling to die for me. So, today, more than most days, I’m led to remember WHOSE I AM.

All was created by Him for God glory – not mine! And, I need to remember ALWAYS that anything I do should be for His glory. And, no matter where I am or what I’m doing, He gave His all (on the cross) so that I could reflect His glory into a fallen and barren world through my faith in Him and what He did for me. So, my friends, if you’re reading here, take in the photo I’ve attached and remember who you are IN CHRIST and above all reflect on WHOSE you are for His glory.

My Prayer for Today … Oh, Lord, I’m again overwhelmed with the remembrance of what You did for me on Calvary and I acknowledge that all I do needs to be a reflection of Whose I am in You. … Amen

No comments: