Saturday, November 22, 2014

November 22, 2014 … Warmth of the Son

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 326

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in a love song composed by Brian Wilson and Mike Love of the Beach Boys, with Wilson singingThe Warmth of the Sun. … which is a lilting song, reminiscing about lost love. but love retained in the heart

Click on photo to read text - Then click on "X" to return to blog  

Highlight Passage - NKJV Psalm 6: 6 … God’s love is the warmest when our heart is cold …
6 I am weary with my groaning; 
All night I make my bed swim; 
I drench my couch with my tears. 
============
Highlight Context - Psalms 6 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  David laments the hole in his heart from his separation from the love of God
============

Reference Passage #1 … John 3: 16 [NKJV] … You know the verse, I’m sure … and there’s just no love like the love provided by the warmth of the SON.

Reference Passage #2 … Hebrews 13: 5 [NKJV] … The warmth of God’s love will never leave the Christian, though it can grow cold from our own sin …
  5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” [Deut. 31: 6, 8] 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Bill Crowder, took me back to my younger days when the Beach Boys were having hit-after-hit on the rock charts with their upbeat, Californian surfer songs. But the ODB for today called attention to one song, written by Brian Wilson and Mike Love, a slow lament about lost love, which you can be heard with the link above. The song was entitled, The Warmth of the Sun, which sung of a loved one who had left the lamented singer, but leaving behind love which warmed the heart and love which would never be lost.

 Then Bill Crowder uses a similar song, written by King David, where the ”man after God’s own heart” laments of himself being separated from the fellowship of love with God for a time, but his desire is to retain and pursue the love of God, “The Son,” having left behind a void in David’s heart which only He, God, could fill. We find this lament in Psalm 6, which is linked above for your meditation.

 And I have taken the liberty to use a play on words for the title of my journal entry today, "Warmth of The Son," as I use the ideas from Bill Crowder in his ODB devotional. God’s love is like no other love in our lives. Once received, God’s love is permanent and in faith, it will never leave us. However, we can feel God’s love become distant when we separate ourselves from Him because of our sin. That’s what King David had realized and was singing about in Psalm 6.

 Which begs the question for us today: “Do we feel the close, warm, and abiding love of THE SON?” If not, we need to look at our mind and heart and sing a song of repentance to bring the warmth of the Son back into prominence in our lives.

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … I feel the warmth of Your love today. Help me to keep You close. Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: