Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 29, 2014 … That Glorious City

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 333

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in the lyrics and beautiful images of heaven with Fernando Ortega singing his beautiful song, Beyond The Sky … reminding all Christians of the glorious promise of The New Jerusalem


Highlight Passage #1 - NKJV Revelation 21: 1 … John saw all the glories of the New Jerusalem, … heaven come down for all who’ve received the saving grace of Christ.
1 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 
============
Highlight Context - Revelation 21: 1-7 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   All of life comes full circle, from the garden into New Jerusalem
============

Reference Passage #1 - Genesis 3: 22-24 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Man expelled from God’s garden … to return one day in His glorious city

Reference Passage #2 - Isaiah 65: 17-25 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  God, through the Prophet, tells of His glorious new city

Reference Passage #3 - 1st Corinthians 15: 50-58 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  Death has no victory over any Christian

Reference Passage #4 - NKJV 2nd Peter 3: 13 … The Apostle Peter longs for the day of the Lord to bring the new heavens where all righteous dwells …
  13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Phillip Yancey, reminds readers (that’s me!) of God bringing mankind from that time when we were expelled from His garden (see Genesis 3: verses 22-24, linked above) into His New Jerusalem (see attached photo depiction).

 Please take a few moments and use the song link above to hear Fernando Ortega singing a song I would like to have played at my memorial service some day (I hope a long time from now), … but that time when I’ve gone on to be with God in His promised City of Love. That’s the glorious New Jerusalem, of which the Prophet Isaiah foretold 700 years before the coming of the Messiah [see Isaiah 65: 17-25 linked above]; and it’s the new heavens and new earth promised by the Apostle in 2nd Peter 3: 13.

 You know, … it’s easy to get downright depressed when we see what’s going on in the world; and even more so when we experience the trials/tribulations of life. My father in his final few years experienced horrible physical pain and many personal maladies; and when I used to go visit him in the nursing care facility where he resided in his last few years on this earth, he would ask me - every time - to read a passage from 1st Corinthians, Chapter 15, where it spoke of our having a new, incorruptible body in heaven. And I’m sure it was glorious for the Apostle John to be given a vision of that glorious heaven which all in Christ will one day experience (see the highlight passage from Revelation 21: 1-7 [linked above].

 So, my heart and my attitude were lifted high today as I saw the attached photo, listened to the linked song, and meditated on the Scriptures above. I hope you take all of it in today and realize that one day we, who in faith have received Christ as our Savior/Lord, will live eternally with Jesus in the New Jerusalem.

 Do I sense a bold and robust ”HALLELUJAH!!” from any reading here?

My Prayer for Today … Lord, … yes, my Savior, HALLELUJAH!; and come soon, Lord Jesus!!! Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: