Friday, November 07, 2014

November 7, 2014 … Imagine + Way More = Heaven

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2014 - Day 311

Devotional Song: Go to this link  … Please take the time to take in the lyrics and hear the poignant song, sung by the group Mercy Me, I Can Only Imagine. proclaiming the glory of Heaven when it is realized when we’re absent with the body and present with the Lord forever


Highlight Passage - NKJV Revelation 22: 3 … Really?!!! No more sin!!
  3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 
============
Highlight Context #1 - Revelation 22: 1-5 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …  Christ, through John’s vision, to get a glimpse of Glory
============
Highlight Context #2 - Revelation 1: 1-3 [NKJV]USE THIS LINK …   Jesus gave His beloved Disciple, John, His revelation of glory to come for any and all who come to the throne of glory in faith

Reference Passage #1 … John 14: 1-3 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK …  Jesus preparing a place for me in glory!!!

Reference Passage #2 … 2nd Corinthians 5: 1-7 [NKJV] … GO TO THIS LINK …   Note verse 8 - as Paul taught … for Christians to be absent with the body is to be present with the Lord

Reference Passage #3 … Philippians 1: 21-23 [NKJV]
  21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 

My Journal for Today: Today’s Our Daily Bread devotional entry, authored by Anne Cetas, opens with a story about a young girl who received word from her oncologist that she only had weeks to live from the cancer with which she was diagnosed. Being a Christian, she asked her Pastor what he thought heaven would be like, … to which he replied, …
"I believe that your life there will be far more beautiful and amazing than anything you ever loved or experienced here on earth. Think about what’s best here for you and multiply it over and over and over. That’s what I think heaven will be." 

 Today’s link to a song is that wonderful contemporary Christ favorite, I Can Only Image, which was preformed by the group Mercy Me. I just love to meditate on the imaginings of what it might be like in Heaven. I’ve read two books about heaven, one by Randy Alcorn and the other by Joni Eareckson Tada, which really helped me to realize that my eternal existence in Heaven, which has been prepared for me by my Savior (see John 14: 1-3), is going to be way, WAY, WAY more wonderful than I can even imagine. In fact, it’s going to be way better than even the Apostle John could describe in Christ’s Revelation and the vision John tried to describe in the last book in our Bible (see highlight passages above).

 So, fellow Christian, … take the most wonderful things you’ve experienced in this life and the most wonderful things you can envision or imagine about Heaven; and then magnify those INFINITELY MORE, and we won’t even come close to what Heaven is going to be like. But if for no other reason than what the Apostle Paul wrote about to the Corinthians (see 2nd Corinthians 5: 1-7 linked above) … that, for the Christian, “to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord,”; … that’s enough, isn’t it?

 Can you just imagine, getting a hug from Jesus [see attached photo], Who says, “Well done, my faithful servant!” … That would be enough for me; but there will be SO MUCH MORE!!!

My Prayer for Today … Lord, all I can think to say when I imagine being with You is … HALLELUJAH!!! Amen

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: