Saturday, August 13, 2016

August 13, 2016: Way Beyond Me!

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 226  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK … Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Chris Tomlin, leading in worship, and singing … How Great Is Our God, proclaiming the greatness and majesty of our inscrutable and indescribable Lord and God.

 
Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 55:8-9 [NKJV] …  
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. 9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. …” 
… God, thru the Prophet, expresses His inscrutable greatness.
===========
Highlight Context … Isaiah 55:6-9 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God’s Prophet declares God’s incomprehensible greatness.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … Job 36:26 [NKJV] …  
26 “Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him; … Nor can the number of His years be discovered. … “ 
… Job is finally recognizing God’s greatness.

Reference Passage #2 … Romans 8:28 [NKJV] …  
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 
… Prayerfully we have faith that God is in control and is working out all things for our good … and according to His purposes … even if we don’t understand those purposes.

Reference Passage #3 … Romans 11:33-26 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK  
… Paul quotes from Is. 40:13 and Jer. 23:18 to declare that God’s ways are “unsearchable.”

Reference Passage #4 … Philippians 1:6 [NKJV] …  
6 …  being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; … 
… Faith in God’s sometimes inscrutable sanctifying grace …

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Bill Crowder, uses a modern word picture to teach about our having faith in things we don’t understand. He wrote: Although I depend on technology every day to get my job done, I don’t understand much about how it works. I turn my computer on, bring up a Word document, and get to work on my writing. Yet my inability to comprehend how microchips, hard drives, Wi-Fi connections, and full-color displays actually function doesn’t get in the way of my benefiting from technology. 

And isn’t that the way we, as Christians, move forward in life, … not really being able to understand or explain all the ways of God; … but trusting that He’s in control and is moving us toward a completion that we know our Lord has for us [see the reference scriptures above]? … Of course, it is! … And sometimes it’s frustrating; but it all boils down to our faith in a God Who is so much greater than we can imagine and ALWAYS has our good in His plan.

All we have to do is look into the heavens (see attached photo) and we can declare what Chris Tomlin sings above; and I will pray that we can trust in our great and wondrous God this day; … trusting that He’s in control and His purposes are to move us to become more like Him today and everyday.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … I trust You, Lord … even tho, so often, I don’t have a clue what You’re doing.  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: