Thursday, August 18, 2016

August 18, 2016: He Wanted ME ?!?

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 231  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of images from Brian Doerkson singing the classic hymn of surrender … Just As I Am, the song played at Billy Graham crusades for decades as lost souls were called to come forward in surrender to God’s altar call of salvation.

 
Highlight Passage: 2 Chronicles 10:17-18 [NKJV] …  
17 Then Abijah and his people struck them with a great slaughter; so five hundred thousand choice men of Israel fell slain. 18 Thus the children of Israel were subdued at that time; and the children of Judah prevailed, because they relied on the Lord God of their fathers. 
… God lifts Judah to defeat Israel because of their faith in Him.
===========
Highlight Context … 2 Chronicles 13:10-18 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK …   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Chronicles+13%3A10-18&version=NKJV … Even a little bit of faith goes a long way to let God in for His victories.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … John 3:16-17 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God’s love so great that He receives any lost soul who comes to Him in faith.

Reference Passage #2 … Revelation 3:20 [NKJV] …  
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 
… Jesus’ call to even lukewarm believers … to open the door and let Him in for fellowship.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson, used a story of some faithful soldiers to illustrate God’s reception of any/all who come to Him in faith. He wrote: As the convoy waited to roll out, a young marine rapped urgently on the window of his team leader’s vehicle. Irritated, the sergeant rolled down his window. “What?” “You gotta do that thing,” the marine said. “What thing?” asked the sergeant. “You know, that thing you do,” replied the marine. … Then it dawned on the sergeant. He always prayed for the convoy’s safety, but this time he hadn’t. So he dutifully climbed out of the Humvee and prayed for his marines. The marine understood the value of his praying leader. 

Those soldiers sensed they needed to go to God before they went into battle that day [see photo]. And my ODB author reinforced this modern day example of God’s receptiveness to the faithful by highlighting the biblical story of the men of Judah, under Abijah, surrendering their plight to God as The Lord came in to help them defeat the northern tribes of Israel [see the 2nd Chronicles 13 passage above].

And I think of how God wanted me, … yes, even me, when I was a sex addicted atheist, who finally surrendered to His love (see John 3:16-17) and let Him come into my life daily to transform me into the man I’m becoming today (see Revelation 3:20).

Oh, how it’s my prayer that all reading here have received His saving grace, … offered openly and freely to any/all who come to receive His love by faith; and then daily to open the door as He knocks and desires to come in and fellowship with us.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … Lord, Jesus, come in and dine with me today!!  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: