Sunday, August 14, 2016

August 14, 2016: Father Knows Best

Daily Berry Patch Devotions in 2016 - Day 227  

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a You Tube video of Sandi Patty singing … His Eye Is On the Sparrow, proclaiming the reality of our Heavenly Father, Who loves us and always watches over His children.


Highlight Passage:  Matthew 6:8 [NKJV] …  
8 “… For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 
… God, thru the Prophet, expresses His inscrutable greatness. Jesus teaching on our reliance on the Father’s providence.
===========
Highlight Context … Matthew 6:8-9, 25-34 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… Jesus teaches on the watchcase of the Heavenly Father.
===========

Reference Passage #1 … Deuteronomy 31:6, 8 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK 
… God, our Heavenly Father, not only is always with us, … He goes ahead of us.

Reference Passage #2 … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NKJV] …  
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. 
… I hope all here have this one in our hearts and truly believe it.

My Journal for Today:  … Our Daily Bread author, Lawrence Darmani, an ODB author from Ghana, tells a very personal story to illustrate his teaching today. He wrote: I was only four years old as I lay by my father on a floor mat on a hot summer night. (My mother, with a baby, had her own room at the time.) This was in northern Ghana where the climate is mostly dry. Sweat covered my body, and the heat parched my throat. I felt so thirsty I shook my father awake. In the middle of that dry night, he rose up and poured water from a jar for me to quench my thirst. Throughout my life, as he did that night, my father exemplified the image of a caring father. He provided what I needed. [See attached photo] 

We have a social plague of fatherlessness growing in this country; and it’s effects have been devastating on our culture. The violence and distrust for authority that we see so prevalent today is no doubt related to the reality that so many sons don’t know, nor trust, that they have a father who will be there for them … ALWAYS.

And that’s what Jesus was reassuring the people on that hillside when He delivered the Sermon on the mount (see the Matthew 6 citation above). Jesus knew that His Heavenly Father was watching over Him; and He wanted the people (and that’s you and me) to know that we could trust a loving Heavenly Father Who would always provide for us and watch over us.

I pray that all reading here, even if your earthly father did not provide the watch-care he should have, know and live by the truth that our Heavenly Father watches over, not only the sparrow, as the song declares, but over us as well.

My Prayer Today:  O, Heavenly Father, … Thank You for providing my needs and watching over me every day … and every moment!  Amen    

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: