Friday, March 31, 2017

March 31, 2017 ... I’m Invited !!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 90 

Devotional Song:  … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of lyrics from the group Hlllsong singing their song … Here I Am To Worship … gloriously singing of the worship anyone can have with King Jesus any day … anywhere. All we have to do is accept His invitation to come in and share in His feast of love.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 55:1 … [NLT] … 
1 “Is anyone thirsty? … Come and drink - even if you have no money! Come take your choice of wine or milk - it’s all free! 
… God’s greatest invitation.
=============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 55:1-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s invitation to come dine with Him … FOREVER!
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Revelation 3:20 [NKJV] … 
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 
… Jesus’ invitation to open the door of sanctification … to let Him in to wine/dine with us.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David McCasland, used a personal illustration to teach about God’s greatest invitation. The ODB author wrote: During a recent week, I received several invitations in the mail. Those inviting me to attend “free” seminars on retirement, real estate, and life insurance were immediately thrown away. But the invitation to a gathering honoring a longtime friend caused me to reply immediately, “Yes! I accept.” Invitation + Desire = Acceptance. 

And that’s the spiritual formula for the greatest invitation of all; … the invite to God’s grandest banquet … at the wedding feast of the Lamb, when Christ gathers His bride to Himself for the greatest celebration of eternity.

And my friends, I’m invited! … Are you?

But I don’t have to wait until I die to have my Savior dine with me. I dine with Him every day after I accepted His invitation to salvation well over 30 years ago. And now, He knocks at the door of my heart every day - really, every moment; … and all I have to do is open the door and let Him in (see Rev. 3:20).

And that’s why you find me - readily and eagerly - coming here each morning to let my Lord, King Jesus, come in a give me His bread of life and His living waters; and it’s so sweet to have Him dine with me here each day.

Oh, how I pray you’ve accepted His invite to come in and dine with Him. Join me as we accept His invitation … right here … right now! And let’s worship Him.

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … LORD, … Come on in; and as Hillsong sings, … “Here I am to worship!” … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blo

No comments: