Saturday, March 04, 2017

March 4, 2017 ... Comfortable Like Old Shoes

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 63 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … I Will Follow … poignantly singing of how we follow a Lord who will always lead us where we need to go.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 139:4 [NLT] … 
4 You (God) know what I’m going to say even before I say it. 
… Jesus ALWAYS know how we feel.
 =============
 Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 139:1-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David had gotten to know His God well and expresses how God’s all knowing, ever present nature allows Him to know, not only our goings/comings, … but our hearts as well. 
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NKJV] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … We can trust in a God Who knows our innermost feelings and will never lead us astray.

Reference Passage #2 [NKJV] : …1st Peter 5:5-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … Once again, we know HE knows us and is always there to care for us. My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, James Banks, used a very comfortable, but personal, word picture to describe walking in the shoes of our Lord. The ODB author wrote: Sometimes my wife and I finish each other’s sentences. In over thirty years of marriage we’ve become increasingly familiar with the way the other thinks and speaks. We may not even have to finish a sentence at all; just a word or a glance is enough to express a thought. There’s comfort in that—like an old pair of shoes you continue to wear because they fit so well. Sometimes we even refer to each other affectionately as “my old shoe”—a compliment that might be difficult to understand if you didn’t know us well! Through the years our relationship has developed a language of its own, with expressions that are the result of decades of love and trust. 

My wife and I are much like the couple described above. Married for 50+ years, we also finish each other’s sentences and often are thinking EXACTLY what comes out of the mouth of the other. Yes, … I guess we are like that comfortable pair of shoes we love to wear [see photo "old shoes"]; … but our shared hearts are nothing akin to what we share with the heart of our Savior. He knows us even better than we know ourselves; and when we’re willing to put Him on, and wear Him, like a comfortable pair of shoes, we can walk with Him though life knowing that He will always take us where we need to go.

 I expect you readers have noted that I’ve been using many of the same reference scriptures over and over again the last few days. Well, there’s a reason for that; … they wear well … like an old pair of comfortable shoes. LOL!!

My Prayer Today: Heavenly Father, … Lord, You always know my heart and I know you’ve walked in my shoes. It feels so good to walk with You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: