Friday, August 18, 2017

August 18, 2017 … Remaking Me Today

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 230 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from the group Phillips, Craig, and Dean singing their song … He’ll do Whatever It Takes … a poignant song reminding us, as Christians, that our God is doing whatever it takes to reshape us into His own image.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 100:3 [NLT] … 
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are His. … 
… About as clear as one can say it … We are HIS!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 100 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist declares that God is good, … in that He created us for Himself.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NLT] : … Psalm 139:13-14 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… He made me (and you) as His workmanship.

Reference Passage #2 [NLT] : … Jeremiah 18:1-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Prophet lays out God’s truth … that God is the Potter and we are His clay.

Reference Passage #3 [NLT] : … John 1:3 [NLT] … 
3 God created everything through Him and nothing was created except through Him. 
… He made it all!

Reference Passage #4 [NLT] : … Ephesians 2:10 [NLT] … 
10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. 
… He made me [and you] to be His masterpiece.

Reference Passage #5 [NLT] : … Philippians 1:6 [NLT] … 
6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. 
… Yes, He made me … but He’s not done with me yet!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David Roper, got right to the point he was trying to emphasize today. The ODB author wrote: Each of us is an original from God’s hand. There are no self-made men or women. No one ever became talented, buffed, or bright all by himself or herself. God made each of us all by Himself. He thought of us and formed us out of His unspeakable love. God made your body, mind, and soul. And He isn’t done with you; He is still making you. 

Fellow Christian, … let me be blunt, as was David Roper above. If you believe, as do I, that the Bible is truth … ALL TRUE! … Then, if you’ve take in and meditated on the Scriptures above - ALL TRUE! - then you must realize that we Christians were made by God, for God, to be in Christ, for His glory. We are God’s masterpiece; but as the Potter (see photo), He’s not done with me yet. He is making me over into His image; and the closer I get to that image, the more I look like Him and the more I glorify Him.

So, I say. Do your thing, Lord? As the song reminds me, … you’re doing whatever it takes to remake me; and I pray I yield to your Hands this day. And as the Prophet Jeremiah declared (see above), You, … Lord, … are the Potter, I am Your clay.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Make me over into Your image today … and all days I live for You; … whatever it takes! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: