Tuesday, August 22, 2017

August 22, 2017 … Ripe for Harvest

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 234 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images from Steve Green singing … People Need the Lord … poignantly and powerfully conveying the truth that we, as Christians, need to recognize that the harvest of souls all around is ripe unto harvest.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 4:25 [NLT] … 
35 You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. 
… Jesus points us toward the harvest of souls all around us.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 4:25-42 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus shows His disciples that even the Samaritans were ripe for the harvest of souls in God’s kingdom.
=============

Reference Passage #1 [NLT] : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Trust that God will lead us to the ones with whom we are to share Him.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, related a word picture of fruit that was ripe for the harvest, just as so many we contact every day who need Jesus. The ODB author wrote: In late summer, we went for a walk in the New Forest in England and had fun picking the blackberries that grew in the wild [see photo] while watching the horses frolicking nearby. As I enjoyed the bounty of the sweet fruit planted by others perhaps many years before, I thought of Jesus’s words to His disciples: “I sent you to reap what you have not worked for” (John 4:38). 

As Steve Green sings, my questions from today’s ODB and my meditation in John, Chapter 4, are … Whom will God present for me today who is ripe for hearing about Jesus? … How many lost souls will I see today who need my Lord?

Just as the ODB author was able to harvest blackberries which were ripe for the picking, today my Lord may present someone to us whom He wants to use us to harvest for His kingdom. So, let’s pray that we recognize their ripeness and be the ones to take in the sweet harvest for God’s glory.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Show me someone today - or tomorrow - whom I can have the privilege of harvesting for Your family. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: