Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November 14, 2017 … Walking Faithfully

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 318 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …Please take the time to take in a YouTube video and lyrics from Steve Green singing … Find Us Faithful … poignantly singing of how we who are in Christ walk the walk of faith, worthy of our calling in Christ.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1John 3:1 [NLT] … 1 See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him. 
…Only those who are truly children of the living God will walk a walk worthy of our calling in Christ.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1John 3:1-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s faithful walk the walk of purity and righteousness.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Ephesians 4:1 [NLT] … 1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 
… God, thru Paul, calls us to walk the walk of worthiness to our calling in Christ.

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Philippians 1:27a [NLT] … 27 Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. … 
… Again … God, thru Paul, calling Christians to sustain our walk of faith in Christ.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Alyson Kieda, related a personal story to illustrate how, as children of God, we are drawn to His love and follow Him. The ODB author wrote: Recently, we took our twenty-two-month-old granddaughter, Moriah, overnight for the first time without her older brothers. We lavished lots of loving, undivided attention on her, and had fun doing the things she likes to do. The next day after dropping her off, we said our goodbyes and headed out the door. As we did, without a word Moriah grabbed her overnight bag (still sitting by the door) and began following us. 
The picture is etched in my memory: Moriah in her diaper and mismatched sandals ready to depart with Grandma and Grandpa again. Every time I think of it, I smile. She was eager to go with us, ready for more individualized time. 

And that kind of love we are drawn to by the love lavished on us by our Lord. And it is what draws the faithful to walk-a-walk worthy of our calling in Christ (see Eph. 4:1 and Phil. 1:27a). So, after one takes in the linked song and God’s word above, I don’t think I need to write much to emphasize where our walk needs to go!

No, it’s the walk of faith … down the road of purity and righteousness we are called by Jesus to walk, … following Him (see Luke 9:23 which I hope my readers know by heart by now!). That’s why I’m here every morning - to begin my walk of faithfulness - by setting my path in the right direction in God’s word. Come along - faithful reader - and follow me; … because I follow Him.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Thank You for shining Your light on my path that I may follow You today - and tomorrow. And help those reading here to stay faithfully on Your path … Amen.

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: