Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November 22, 2017 … Joyous Praise and Worship

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 326 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics from the group Hillsong singing their song … Sing to the Lord … Poignantly singing of how we Christians should sing and pray to God every day our joyous praises for His holiness and glory … AND THEN TO THIS LINK to hear Laurie Klein singing I Love You Lord, expressing what should be our everyday attitude of joy and worship in the way we live for God’s glory.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 98:4 [NLT] … 4 Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy! 
… This should be our 24/7 attitude of joy and praise.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 98 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David sings of God’s wondrous holiness, His justice, and His providence … calling for our continuous worship and praise.
=============

Reference Passage [NLT] : … Psalm 30:11-12, 100:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Songs of how we ALL should praise and worship our God … EVERYDAY and in EVERY WAY we live !!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Linda Washington, used a story of her own personal worship in church to illustrate our lives should worship our Lord. The ODB author wrote: Back when I was searching for a church to attend regularly, a friend invited me to a service at her church. The worship leaders led the congregation in a song I particularly loved. So I sang with gusto, remembering my college choir director’s advice to “Project!” 
After the song, my friend’s husband turned to me and said, “You really sang loud.” This remark was not intended as a compliment! After that, I self-consciously monitored my singing, making sure I sang softer than those around me and always wondering if the people around me judged my singing. 
But one Sunday, I noticed the singing of a woman in the pew beside me. She seemed to sing with adoration, without a trace of self-consciousness. 

How often do we let our worship and our praise be influenced by how we perceive others will judge us? And that’s not only singing in church, but also the way we live our lives, which is really our 24/7 worship of our Lord.  ... Too often, I think!

Today’s ODB and the Psalms to which I was led to study and meditate reminded me, as did Psalmists like David, that I need to come into each day [as I am today], praising my God for His holiness, His mercy, and His grace; and then we must live out our days in a way which worships our Lord with what we think, say, and do.

I’ve got the right attitude now as I’m writing this. But I will pray that the rest of my life today - and tomorrow - will worship my God by the way I live.

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Oh, Lord, how I want to live today with thoughts and deeds which worship you just as much as my prayers and songs do here this morning as I start my day with You. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled Our Daily Bread, distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: