Saturday, March 10, 2018

March 10, 2018 … Rock of Ages

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 69 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with hymn and lyrics from Amy Grant and Vince Gill singing … Rock of Ages … poignantly singing of our need as Christians to find and hide under THE ROCK of Ages … our abiding relationship with Jesus.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 61:2-3 [NLT] … 2  From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, 3 for you are my safe refuge,  a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me. 
… David when frustrated and oppressed immediately sought out “The Rock of Ages” 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalms 61 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David knew where to go when he was oppressed or depressed.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 142 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… David always knew where to turn when he was in trouble … to God, his ROCK …

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 26:3 [NLT] … 3  You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on You! 
… The Prophet knew how to find the peace of God.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 4:6-7 [NKJV] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul knew exactly where to go and to Whom he should take his worries.

Reference Passage : … 1 Peter 5:7 [NLT] … 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 
… Taking our cares to a caring God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Linda Washington, used a personal story and a familiar biblical character to point to where we should go when we’re feeling oppressed or frustrated. The ODB author wrote: David, Israel’s second king, wrote psalms to express his anger and frustration to God. But David knew that God not only listened, He could also do something about his pain. In Psalm 61, he writes, “I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I” (v. 2). God was his “refuge” (v. 3)—the “rock” to which David ran. 
When we’re in pain, or come in contact with someone in pain, David’s example is a good one to follow. We can head to “the rock that is higher” or lead someone there.

Today all any reader needs to do is hear the linked song by Amy Grant and her husband, Vince Gill, and then meditate on the reference scriptures above. If we do that, as I have this morning, I think we’ll all realize why David, when he was feeling oppressed and frustrated, sought to hide under “The Rock of Ages” (see photo).

And maybe we all should be trying to seek to hide under “The Rock” as we face our trials and troubles in life.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for being our Rock of Ages. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Shine Your light on my path as I seek to hide under The Rock of Ages today. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: