Thursday, March 22, 2018

March 22, 2018 … A Legacy of Christ

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 81 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video of images and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers singing … The Family Prayer Song … poignantly singing of the legacy of Christ must be passed from generation-to-generation as is the Legacy of Christ’s church.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 14:26-27 [NLT] … 13 Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will thank you forever and ever, praising your greatness from generation to generation. 
… God’s desire for HIS family is that His legacy of love will be passed from generation to generation.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalms 79:8-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the Psalmist, projects our legacy of faith thru the generations. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Joshua 24:14-15 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK ...
… Joshua exhorted his fellow believers to choose - with their families - Whom they would follow; but Joshua asserts that he and his family would follow THE LORD!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Lisa Samra, uses a life picture of the only way we humans generally think we can walk on water, i.e., walking on ice. The ODB author wrote: My phone beeped, indicating an incoming text. My daughter wanted my grandmother’s recipe for Peppermint Ice Cream Pie. As I thumbed through the yellowed cards in my aged recipe box, my eyes spotted the unique handwriting of my grandmother—and several jotted notes in the small cursive of my mother. It occurred to me that with my daughter’s request, Peppermint Ice Cream Pie would make its entrance into a fourth generation within my family. … 
I eagerly shared the recipe, knowing my grandmother’s dessert legacy would enjoy a new layer in our family. And I prayed sincerely for the most lasting hand-me-down of all: the influence of our family’s faith on one generation to the next. 

A dessert legacy is one sweet thing to be passing though generations in a family [see photo]. But what of the sweetest legacy there is being passed downward as it is in my family, … and that is the legacy of Christ as Lord.

Currently writing this, I am a grandfather; and I have great confidence that my family is into at least the fifth generation of surrendered Christians. And as with Joshua’s prayer (see Joshua 24:15), I pray that my family will continue onward thru future generations (as written of in the highlight passage), because this is the most important legacy we can leave for our progeny.

Hear today’s song and ask yourself, dear Christian, if the legacy of Christ and His eternal love is being passed onward and downward in your family.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for helping me and my family to share Your love for eternity.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … May we, our family, share the love we share from You with others; and that it will be passed onward thru generations. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: